• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Name Brand Gasoline

Hawkshot99

$3.11 for regular today.

You suck! Paid $3.51 today, and that was with a .10 savings for buying groceries.

There is 1 full service station in my town that I know of. Today i drove by and they are charging $3.97 while the self service shell across the street is $3.85. That is a big difference for full service...........

The full service station has gone belly up!

To be honest I do not even look at gas prices anymore. The only time I do is when I need gas and there are several stations together. It amazes me the amount that people will drive around to save money for gas. My mother drives across town to save 4 cents. She will put in 12-13 gallons. That is 50 cents. Now how much gas did she use to get there, and time wasted........

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
You suck! Paid $3.51 today, and that was with a .10 savings for buying groceries.

The full service station has gone belly up!

To be honest I do not even look at gas prices anymore. The only time I do is when I need gas and there are several stations together. It amazes me the amount that people will drive around to save money for gas. My mother drives across town to save 4 cents. She will put in 12-13 gallons. That is 50 cents. Now how much gas did she use to get there, and time wasted........

3.11 is one block away from my house :)

Greg

Staff member

Totally agree...

Glenn

Totally agree...

X3.

Or how about those people who wait inline for those radio station promos? 99.1 does one every so often; IIRC $1.99 for gas. Granted, that was 50% off when they did the last promo. However, there were people who had been waiting in for 4-6 hours. So, you save two bucks on 15 gallons and wait all that time? Let's say you wait 5 hours to save $30. That's $6 and hour. Not worth the time IMHO.

gmcunni

Totally agree...

partially agree. i keep an eye on prices and know which stations are offering the lower ones. When i get below 1/2 tank i'll hit one of those when i'm in the general area but i don't go out of my way to hit the cheapest if it isn't convenient.

ctenidae

But you are putting money in a whack jobs pocket aka Chavez.

Not to tread too close to the political line, but I dislike Chavez less and less as time goes on. His message isn't so bad, even if his delivery has some problems.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Oddly enough the next town over is 40 cents more expensive. I wonder if NH's gas tax is by the town. I can understand some differences in price, but 40 cents seems excessive.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I saw 2.93 on my way home tonight. I also had my camera with me!!! :flame:

78b0f1bf.jpg