• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

2knees

Hi folks,

Just heard about your fine site and was pleasantly surprised to see how much traffic it gets. My normal regular visits are to the NASTAR Forum and BomberOnLine.

I resumed skiing in 1997 following a 34 year absence from the sport and began snowboarding the same year. Today I split my time 50/50 between the two and focus on racing. I was the NASTAR coordinator at Okemo last season until a couple of broken ribs and pneumonia ended my season early.

Can't wait for the new season to start!

Newington. nice i live one town over.

Paul

Welcome Aboard!

Board, get it? Haha, I kill myself....

My wife is from Newington, her folks still live there.

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome to the forums ski220. I assume you're a skier based on your name and you have an appreciation for fine German automobiles, care to tell us anymore about yourself?

ski220

Thanks for the welcome. At this stage in my skiing career I'm pretty much just into backcountry and powder. When it snows - we go. From where I live in Conn. it's usally 5hrs in a storm to northern Vt.. Hence the need for high powered 4wheel drive vehicles. My own ride is a Volvo V70R. My main skiing partners is the Audi S4.

Last year was epic as we went up for every significant storm. If you would like to see some video, go to 'youtube' and search ski220.

Friend of "crank". He refered me to this awsum forum site for the "like minded".

What I'm into these days is skiing, mt. biking and 12months of beach volleyball.

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks for the intro ski220. Sounds like you should fit in good here. We like videos, so that's a plus!

We have a few MTBer's around here too, where in CT do you usually ride?

ski220

Occasionally at Huntington with my friend Crank. Once in a great while in Trumbal. Mainly locally at Mianus river Park where recently we have begun trail maintanence and trail reconstruction projects via a "friends" group.

gorgonzola

Hey Oh!

Wanted to do the intro thing, been lurking around for a while. Another Pennsy skier from paskiandride.com (mbike-ski) but don't/won't post anywhere near as much as GSSS! The age thread caught my attention a few weeks ago as I'm right in the thick of the demographic at fortysomething. Have skii'd every year since like fifth grade, sometimes just once or twice to my current 30 days +/- at Blue (home hill hence the handle), Greek Peak, with a trip or 2 a year to VT. Southern VT at this point since the whole family - MrsSnowBunski, 2 skiers and a boarder - come along now and are in a comfort zone although I'm trying to change that! Also ride mtb and play ice hockey when not on the snow...

Greg

Staff member
Welcome gorgonzola. So have you skied with the infamous GSS?

Is he mad steezey?

Haha yeah...Gorgonzola has defininitely heard me rap before. Usually on Saturday mornings he arrives at Blue around 7:40AM..and he's usually waiting by the bottom of the 6-pack for me and Atomic Jeff..at around 7:45AM after we get our second run down Razors in. He and Mrs. Snowbunski are hardcore Nastar-headz. Gorgonzola is definitely one of my groupies..:daffy::daffy:

sledhaulingmedic

GSS: It just occured to me that if you had an anorexic girlfriend, she'd be...A quarter pounder with Steeze (ba dump, dum!)