• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Not-Ski-Season Blues!

dlague

This weekend was the first weekend since early December that we did not ski! Our plans got foiled due to over sleeping on Sunday! For a good part of the day I was feeling bummed out! Today I feel like I cheated on the mountains! Definitely need to get out there this coming weekend!

I know nice weather is coming soon - but do others get Not-Ski-Season blues?

steamboat1

Since I was injured in the beginning of Feb. & can't ski I've had the in ski season blues. Reading the reports & seeing the pictures of fantastic skiing doesn't help either.

dlague

Since I was injured in the beginning of Feb. & can't ski I've had the in ski season blues. Reading the reports & seeing the pictures of fantastic skiing doesn't help either.

Been there done that a couple of years ago with a torn ACL and my wife last year with a broken humorous!

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

When I am unable to ski, I usually skip over the trip reports. It just makes me depressed, and a little bitter.

Warp Daddy

NOPE. ! I love skiing but it is just one of many interests , sports and activities that i participate in . It is nice to have variety and just when i am sick of one interest , its time to change seasons and that keeps me fresh , motivated and moving .

HowieT2

I'm thankful for the rest but my wife literally cries when the season is over.

legalskier

For me ski season becomes mowing season(s).

tc6Mi.jpg

^Pretty much says it all.

4aprice

NOPE. ! I love skiing but it is just one of many interests , sports and activities that i participate in . It is nice to have variety and just when i am sick of one interest , its time to change seasons and that keeps me fresh , motivated and moving .

I kinda agree with this. Even though I've gone late this season (got 1 to 3 more days probably) I will not despair when it ends. I enjoy warm weather activities too (including dry land training for skiing). I don't believe I could ski year round, its nice to have a break. The only problem there is unfortunately we can't pick up where we left off. This spring has been so awesome with the amount of snow and terrain open its going to be a bummer to go back to the WROD and limited terrain at the beginning of next season. I do look forward to the lake and the boat which hopefully starts in 2 to 3 weeks.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

I'm in denial myself... Luckily this year it is not ending very soon!

Yes thankfully! At least there are more choices for this time of year at this time - we are hitting Mount Snow and Sugarbush!

The one thing about summer is the variety of sports - My wife and I plan on getting out to do more road and mountain biking! We will try our hand at surfing in Rye, NH (surf here is pretty tame) and hanging at the beach. Maybe throw in a little kayaking, or hiking from time to time!

My brother-in-law is a rock climber in the framconia area so that might be another adventure! Overall - June through September goes by fast and I get activity confusion! Winter well it is pretty cut and dry - skiing and some attempts at snowboarding with ski area confusion!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I could ski every day of the year, without fail...easy! While I definitely get the ski jones, I have lots of other activites to keep me occupied during the off season. So I don't really get the blues. But skiing is always in my mind, heart and soul no matter what I'm doing.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I've never reached the point where I've gotten sick of skiing, but I'm sure a lot of that is because I don't get out all that often. Maybe if I was getting out 100 days I'd feel differently.

WWF-VT

This is a bonus season for me. I skied at Sugarbush until 3 PM on Sunday and then went fishing in the Mad River and landed a 20" brown trout. I am not sure which I am looking forward to more this weekend - skiing or fishing.