• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Parking Lot BBQs

SKIQUATTRO

how many of you do it during the season or you wait for the milder spring temps? whats your go-to menu for the grill/beverages?

HD333

We wait until Spring. My kids love it. I keep it simple burgers and sausage. Once the beers come out my ski day is over so I usually don't make it back out after we tailgate.
Nothing like some good tunes and the smell of the grill in the lot.

drjeff

At Gillette Stadium or Rentschler Field (The UCONN Football teams home stadium), I totally tailgate! In a ski area parking lot - nope. Just not enough space in my vehicle to fit the proper tailgating armamentarium that i'm used to and ski gear ;)

Also, i'm with HD333 about the fact that once the beer starts flowing, i'm taking off my ski boots and am done for the day. Skiing and drinking don't mix in my book. Drinking AFTER skiing totally works in my book though ;) :beer:

Mpdsnowman

I do it occasionally thru the Winter. Usually it would involve a few friends being around. I drive a Montana Van so I can bring everything easily. I have a small little weber type charcoal grill and usually simple stuff like burgers. We do have these really good hot dogs that are well know and we have them. We have a big parking lot and the place is really low key and faces the mountain.

Geoff

On any nice weekend in the spring, there are usually 20 or 30 of us. We've evolved far beyond dogs & burgers and crap American beer.

vdk03

Petty much anytime we take a road trip to a resort other than our local mtns we bring the grill. Already spending enough on gas and lift tickets, don't feel the need to drop another hundred on dinner or lunch and drinks. We usually keep it pretty simple with sausages or kabobs.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Terry

Do it a few times a season at Sunday River during the season. Usually sausages, chicken, burgers, wild game, shrimp, etc. Plus lots of beer!

Cornhead

My local hill, Greek Peak, has a great spot for tailgating, chair 5, Greek Peak East. It's seperate from the main hill, about a half mile down the road. There's no lodge there, so everyone who parks there is a season pass holder. The tailgaters get there early to claim their spots at snow's edge for ski in, ski out convenience. The tailgating definitely picks up as the season winds down, and the temps rise.

I don't pack my grill for my mid season trips. I did bring it to Jay the last two seasons for end of season turns. Mmmm Spiedies, if your not from the Triple Cities, and never had a Spiedie, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiedie. They are delicious! I'm surprised they never spread like "Buffalo" wings. I've noticed that it's hard to find decent sliced Italian bread outside Binghamton also, the traditional way to serve Spiedies. They're also great on white pizza, and in salads.

deadheadskier

Staff member
On any nice weekend in the spring, there are usually 20 or 30 of us. We've evolved far beyond dogs & burgers and crap American beer.

only had the pleasure tailgating with your crew 1 time a few years ago, but I do recall a helluva a spread. :beer: