• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Permanent Industry Changes in the Post-COVID World

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimG.

Staff member
Desantis has brought a lot of the scrutiny on himself by putting his own political aspirations and scoring political points ahead of the health of his constituents.
I'm not a Desantis fan or a Florida fan. Not my kind of climate.

I don't trust any politician and I think you are a bit naive if you think Desantis is the only one putting his interests over those of the general population. They are all equally guilty of that on both sides.

abc

I think you are a bit naive if you think Desantis is the only one putting his interests over those of the general population. They are all equally guilty of that on both sides.
No, not equally. Some are more guilty than others, by a lot

boston_e

I'm not a Desantis fan or a Florida fan. Not my kind of climate.

I don't trust any politician and I think you are a bit naive if you think Desantis is the only one putting his interests over those of the general population. They are all equally guilty of that on both sides.

I never said Desantis was the only one.

VTKilarney

Give me a break. [You] just unleashed the most political post in this thread by far.

Did you miss the part where I said, "I don't think that there is much more Biden can do," or are you just such a partisan hack that you expect everyone to ignore that I said that?

Crawl out of your tribal shelter, my friend. Those of us who are moderates are embarrassed by how partisan things have become.

Last edited:

Edd

Did you miss the part where I said, "I don't think that there is much more Biden can do," or are you just such a partisan hack that you expect everyone to ignore that I said that?

Crawl out of your tribal shelter, my friend. Those of us who are moderates are embarrassed by how partisan things have become.
Dude, that was your only neutral sentence in two paragraphs. I can’t read your mind, so maybe you’re a moderate, but you don’t post like a moderate. Just own your bullshit.

JimG.

Staff member
No, not equally. Some are more guilty than others, by a lot
Let's face it we don't know who is responsible for what or to what extent.

Maybe when I'm in my 80's the truth will come out after all these crooks from both sides are dead.

JimG.

Staff member
Sure you want to get in on this? You’re always bemoaning political threads yet here you are diving into the fray. In or out?
Just stating facts. We should all enjoy the fact that we are all equally guilty of causing the current dysfunctional situation we find ourselves in. And maybe work together with respect to all and solve it.

As a moderator I'm compelled to read it. And what's it to you if I decide to stick my toes into the water?

Of course my other option is to lock this dumpster fire.

Edd

Just stating facts. We should all enjoy the fact that we are all equally guilty of causing the current dysfunctional situation we find ourselves in. And maybe work together with respect to all and solve it.

As a moderator I'm compelled to read it. And what's it to you if I decide to stick my toes into the water?

Of course my other option is to lock this dumpster fire.
I’d say lock it and stfu. You’re not adding value to the thread by always complaining about it. Kill it.

boston_e

With all this aside - it seems pretty clear that by this winter we will not be in a post Covid world.

I'm going to predict that this winter we won't see much different from usual in the outdoor part of things. The one possible exception i can think of might be gondola capacity if numbers really begin to spike again.

I would not be at all surprised to see some sort of capacity limits in lodges and shops. Potentially proof of vaccination or negative test required in some situations (apres ski bars / lounges come to mind as a possible spot for this).

cdskier

With all this aside - it seems pretty clear that by this winter we will not be in a post Covid world.

I'm going to predict that this winter we won't see much different from usual in the outdoor part of things. The one possible exception i can think of might be gondola capacity if numbers really begin to spike again.

I would not be at all surprised to see some sort of capacity limits in lodges and shops. Potentially proof of vaccination or negative test required in some situations (apres ski bars / lounges come to mind as a possible spot for this).
I already know of at least one popular restaurant in the MRV area that went back to take-out only. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see more follow suit.

boston_e

I already know of at least one popular restaurant in the MRV area that went back to take-out only. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see more follow suit.
Along those lines, In Killington - The PickleBarrel already announced that they will have Proof of Vaccination or recent Negative Test required for entry. Some of the hate being thrown at them on their social media is over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.