• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Permanent Industry Changes in the Post-COVID World

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdskier

So your saying if they lift the Emergency Use Authorization then the vaccines cannot be used? Why? Please explain this to me. My point is if the Government wants to push this on people, they need to lift the protections from these manufacturers. If they are so safe then what is the problem in doing that?
You can't be this naive regarding how drugs work in the US (and pretty much all other civilized nations around the world), can you? A drug (or vaccine) cannot be dispensed without some sort of approval (whether it is full FDA approval or Emergency Use Authorization). You're also confusing 2 separate issues. Emergency Use Authorization is separate from the protections afforded to the drug manufacturers that prevent you from suing them. That protection comes from the 2005 "Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act"...aka PREP Act which the HHS secretary invoked for the COVID vaccines. Even though you can't directly sue the manufacturers, the PREP Act did establish a program that you could use to receive compensation in the event of some major injury directly linked to receiving the vaccine (Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP)).

You can't be this naive regarding how drugs work in the US (and pretty much all other civilized nations around the world), can you? A drug (or vaccine) cannot be dispensed without some sort of approval (whether it is full FDA approval or Emergency Use Authorization). You're also confusing 2 separate issues. Emergency Use Authorization is separate from the protections afforded to the drug manufacturers that prevent you from suing them. That protection comes from the 2005 "Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act"...aka PREP Act which the HHS secretary invoked for the COVID vaccines. Even though you can't directly sue the manufacturers, the PREP Act did establish a program that you could use to receive compensation in the event of some major injury directly linked to receiving the vaccine (Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP)).
Why the hell would I pretend to know how drugs work in the US. I am not prescribed any and I don't take any OTC shit anyways. I don't get the flu vaccine and I'm not getting this one. My point is, if they want more Americans to get the vaccine because they say it is so safe, then lift the protections. It's as simple as that. I don't care what the government says they can do or cannot do, that's not my problem, it's theirs.

abc

Why the hell would I pretend to know how drugs work in the US.
I don't care what the government says they can do or cannot do, that's not my problem, it's theirs.
That's telling from someone who goes on and on about what the government "should" do for the best of the country!

A vocal opinion based on ignorance. :(

abc

You people all got hung up about mask. But life had been going on WITH MASK for nearly a year!

The far more significant part of the CDC's new guideline for the vaccinated are they no longer need to socially distance! That means businesses can safely operate at full capacity if they so choose.

How the business choose to verify vaccination status is up to them. Just look at the example of Vermont's quarantine rules that's never enforced. It kept a good percentage of visitors out. Sure, the business suffers. But Vermont also has the lowest infection rate. So the un-enforced rule actually worked quite well.

On the practical side, it's really simple. If you have to work indoors all day long, it's up to you to choose to vaccinate or not. You know some unvaccinated moron will come in without mask. How to protect yourself is up to you. For the rest of the customers, they can choose NOT to visit any business indoors, or wear a mask if they're that worried.

"Back to normal" is all about business operating as before. Removing the social distancing rule for the vaccinated is the much more significant part of that new CDC guideline. But people are all hung up on the mask part of the rule. Talk about barking up the wrong tree!

You people all got hung up about mask. But life had been going on WITH MASK for nearly a year!

The far more significant part of the CDC's new guideline for the vaccinated are they no longer need to socially distance! That means businesses can safely operate at full capacity if they so choose.

How the business choose to verify vaccination status is up to them. Just look at the example of Vermont's quarantine rules that's never enforced. It kept a good percentage of visitors out. Sure, the business suffers. But Vermont also has the lowest infection rate. So the un-enforced rule actually worked quite well.

On the practical side, it's really simple. If you have to work indoors all day long, it's up to you to choose to vaccinate or not. You know some unvaccinated moron will come in without mask. How to protect yourself is up to you. For the rest of the customers, they can choose NOT to visit any business indoors, or wear a mask if they're that worried.

"Back to normal" is all about business operating as before. Removing the social distancing rule for the vaccinated is the much more significant part of that new CDC guideline. But people are all hung up on the mask part of the rule. Talk about barking up the wrong tree!
Lol, some unvaccinated moron. Maybe you are the moron, who knows? New studies are showing that vaccinated people rarely can catch it or transmit it, so don't worry about the unvaccinated if you are vaccinated. Make sure to mask up next flu season sheep. :)

That's telling from someone who goes on and on about what the government "should" do for the best of the country!

A vocal opinion based on ignorance. :(
For the best of the country, lol. My opinion is based on what I feel is best for myself and my situation so your opinion means nothing to me. Carry on wearing your mask if you choose, many of us will choose not too.

45 seems very on board with the modern day miracle of these vaccines, if that helps anyone decide.

What's funny too me is anyone listening to any politician either way. I don't listen to the ones saying get it, I don't listen to the ones saying don't. Some of you seem to hold their opinions in high regards, not me.

icecoast1

45 seems very on board with the modern day miracle of these vaccines, if that helps anyone decide.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to inject that into the conversation, although had it not been for Operation Warp Speed, we'd still be waiting for vaccines

Edd

BenedictGomez

Correlation does not imply causation.

Especially given same/similar results were not replicable in other very strict states. The far more logical answer, IMO, if the homogeneity of State of Vermont & its innate separation & wide open spaces offered protection.

"Opinion", base on "feeling".

Enough said. 🤣
You are an idiot. Opinions are based on many things. Of course opinions are based on feelings. If you feel your child should take summer classes, your opinion is your child should take summer classes. Enough said. What a joke you are.

abc

You are an idiot. Opinions are based on many things. Of course opinions are based on feelings. If you feel your child should take summer classes, your opinion is your child should take summer classes. Enough said. What a joke you are.
Hahaha!! When logic fails, and argument is clearly lost, resort to name calling! Look what kind of new members this forum attracts! Bright future this board will have, I'm sure. ;)

But hey, opinion based on "feeling" is the best opinion. Proud to say that!

Oh wait, isn't that what some people based their actions on too? "Gut feelings"! Some really famous and powerful people too! Science? Who needs science when you got "gut feelings"! :(

Idiot? Hehehe! "Better be thought of as an idiot, than to open one's mouth to confirm it". We now all know who's the idiot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.