• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pocket-carry liquid wax?

New Daddy

For spring skiing, I had my skis waxed last Saturday but I think it lasted about an hour.
I think I heard somewhere that there is liquid wax that you can carry in your pocket.

Does anyone know if there is any such thing as pocket-carry, liquid wax?
Does it work?

Cornhead

Zardoz Notwax, liquid teflon, works pretty good for wet Spring conditions. Try cleaning your bases and applying it prior to hot waxing if you can. I think they call it the "Felix" method. I did this last weekend with One Ball Jay, and noticed an improvement from the previous day. I think it lasts a lot longer than just wiping it on, but that works too. I used to use the stuff all the time, but hadn't used it in years. Picked up a few towelettes at the hill, 40% off. You'll still get slowed down in really wet spots, but I think the shit works.