• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Potential Mogul Clinic offered by Dan DiPiro

Paul

Definitely would be interested in a South no0b level next year. I'm taking this one one turn at a time.;-)

tjf67

I am very good friends with coach and assistant coach of the freesyle team up here in LP. I am sure he would be interested in putting on a clinic if enough people were interested. He has been hastling me to get over to the pool for some jumping lessons.

mister moose

I'd be interested also. Since it's against my religion to drive south to go skiing, I'd prefer the Sundown location, or a mid vermont location of Killington or Sugarbush.

My ability level seems to vary with the day. When I'm on, I'm really on, and it feels like dancing. When I'm off, it feels like I'm swimming in glue. I want to try other techniques, hone my own, and learn better speed control on steeper bumps. Sometimes I need faster feet, and I suspect the answer is being in better shape. I'm probably not a beginner, but advanced sounds so... advanced. Having skied with AndyZ, Roark, Sno Monster and Trailboss, I can keep up with them.

Dan; I bought and read your book. It had a number of sections that spoke to me, and it would be great to attend a clinic with you. I'd re-read the book, but I raved about it so much to a friend that he borrowed it and never gave it back.

May_6_Double_Dipper_4.JPG

Last edited:

roark

I'm probably not a beginner, but advanced sounds so... advanced. Having skied with AndyZ, Roark, Sno Monster and Trailboss, I can keep up with them.
May_6_Double_Dipper_4.jpg
You looked pretty solid that day in the bumps, I'd say it was us keeping up with you. ;-)
It seems like the initial split is those that are not at all comfortable in the bumps are the beginners. I have a hard time saying I'm 'advanced' in the bumps as well.

2knees

Still very interested in this myself. Since many people have expressed their desire to participate but are unclear on their levels, maybe Dan could offer some ideas on what he would expect out of someone attending an advanced class or beginner. Might make it easier for him/us to shore this up in terms of attendance and location.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Still very interested in this myself. Since many people have expressed their desire to participate but are unclear on their levels, maybe Dan could offer some ideas on what he would expect out of someone attending an advanced class or beginner. Might make it easier for him/us to shore this up in terms of attendance and location.

Beginner = beginner.

Advanced = being able to keep your hands in front of you.

No, wait a minute....

:dunce:

wa-loaf

Might make it easier for him/us to shore this up in terms of attendance and location.

No one is going to commit until a date and time is set. Pick two dates and locations that are good for Dan and folks will sign up for whatever works for them.

2knees

spent way too much time trying to import a simple table with no luck. thankfully fridays are real slow for me.

anyway, it looks like Sugarbush, Hunter and Sundown have been the most popular. no one has mentioned dates other than skibum1321 who went with sometime in february.

Skier Level Location Preference
Ski Dork TBD Killington
bvibert TBD Hunter Sundown
Grassi21 beginner Sundown Hunter
Angus TBD
Greg advanced Sundown Hunter Sugarbush
snowmonster beginner Northern Sugarbush
Wa-Loaf TBD NH S. Vermont
2knees advanced Sundown Mt. Snow Hunter Killington
Roark TBD
Hammer beginner NH Mass
Beetlenut TBD
Andyzee TBD Sugarbush Hunter
Skibum1321 advanced Sugarbush
RivercOil advanced Northern
Dr. Skimeister beginner southern
trtaylor beginner southern
awf170 advanced Northern
Sky beginner
DMC (maybe?) advanced
darent TBD
Powhunter advanced anywhere
Paul beginner southern
Mister Moose advanced Sundown Killington Sugarbush
Ski Diva TBD

Advanced 8
Beginner 7
TBD 9

Killington 2
Hunter 4
Sundown 4
Northern 3
NH 2
Sugarbush 5
southern 3
S. Vermont 1
Mt. Snow 1
Mass 1

2knees

No one is going to commit until a date and time is set. Pick two dates and locations that are good for Dan and folks will sign up for whatever works for them.

very true. I was just hoping to start to firm it up a little.

Greg

Staff member
For the record, I Emailed Dan and to let him know there was some more feedback in this thread. Hopefully, he'll chime in soon.

awf170

I vote for MRG, since I will have a pass there. I will do Sugarbush but I would have to find a pretty heavily discounted pass for it though. Probably under $30.

Almost any weekend should work for me. Friday is a possibility depending on how my classes are arranged next semester.

powbmps

I'd be in for North (advanced).

Killington is easiest for me. Of course the weekend lift tickets are like $1 million.

mister moose

Not to worry. I'll sell you one for a quarter million.

While I have a pass at Killington this year and would prefer it for that reason, I would also want to have a productive clinic in some quiet corner as oppposed to a congested freeway. The choice of the Northern area should also take into account anticipated crowd levels and quality of conditions to optimize our learning. Saving on a lift ticket accomplishes nothing if we sacrifice conditions. I recommend waiting until mid season to see how much snow is blown and where the crowds are. I'd even vote for Okemo if Sel's Choice has the best snow.

ta&idaho

I'm in for the South, and I could probably fit into either camp. I feel very comfortable in lower angle, softer bumps, and then I get into more trouble on steeper, bigger, icier bumps.

Greg

Staff member
No followup since November? Has this idea lost traction?

I heard back from Dan DiPiro earlier this week and he's been dealing with some family matters this fall/winter and will not be conducting any clinics this season, unfortunately.