• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Seriously, how long is this Killington Beast of The East C-R-A-P going to last...?!?!

Skimaine

Actually I found it quite amusing -- funny stuff if you are married.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I was wondering when that new logo that SpinmasterK is using was going to debut. Funny seeing the name without the big K and bold lettering. Soft flowy script. That is not the logo of a ski area that should be called "Beast of the East".

Man, will Killington bashing ever get old? :lol: Highway Star is too much sometimes, but this sure passes the time until it starts snowing.

boston_e

Not that the website or logo has anything to do with the mountain itself... but I think I liked the old logo better.

millerm277

Yawn. I thought their old site was decent actually, the new one seems like a little step down. But really, who cares? It's a website. If it has a trail map, conditions, prices, and maybe lodging booking/e-tickets, I don't care what it looks like.

I'm not a fan of the new logo, but whatever.

And, at this point, how can anyone judge anything about it being "Beastly" other than they aren't going to open without being able to have a shot at staying open? I'll be more than happy to bash them more if they f*** up this winter, but at the moment, it's 55F in Killington.

polski

Website
twitter.com
I get an attempt at a Stowe vibe (i.e. a play for $towe demographics) from the script in the new K logo, though it's tough to compare anything to the famous Stowe logo.

I shudder to think how many $82 lift tickets it took to pay for the redesign.

tcharron

New beast website, to go along with the beast pass.

www.killington.com

LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME

Grow up.

180pxcrybaby_jpg11304128848924.jpg

2knees

got a nice piece of direct mail the other day. titled THE BEAST KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE.

logo = village, mountain, sky...

if they're trying to rebrand themselves as "the Beast" the logo is pretty weak and isn't supporting the branding statement or marketing campaign. But, its a great way to blow about 100K. Wonder if they could have thought of a better use of the money?

drjeff

if they're trying to rebrand themselves as "the Beast" the logo is pretty weak and isn't supporting the branding statement or marketing campaign. But, its a great way to blow about 100K. Wonder if they could have thought of a better use of the money?

Like on extra off season work crews to get the work done by Oct 1st so they COULD have opened to the base 2 weeks ago ;)

Geoff

Like on extra off season work crews to get the work done by Oct 1st so they COULD have opened to the base 2 weeks ago ;)

I don't think the current managemnt ever intended to open in October. It's the Soviet planned economy. The spreadsheet says "Early November". Given their current lift configuration, I agree with delaying opening until a week or so into November when the snow is less likely to melt. My personal objection is that Greg allowed Tom Horrocks to SPAM this forum with implications that Killington was going to open. I emailed Tom about it and got some crap response that he was using other internet outlets like f'ing Twitter and Facebook. ...like I am going to bother flooding myself with that crap. Not that Killington marketing had a lot of credibility with me before but I'm done with these people. I'll still be there long after this round of people is gone.

MrMagic

I don't think the current managemnt ever intended to open in October. It's the Soviet planned economy. The spreadsheet says "Early November". Given their current lift configuration, I agree with delaying opening until a week or so into November when the snow is less likely to melt. My personal objection is that Greg allowed Tom Horrocks to SPAM this forum with implications that Killington was going to open. I emailed Tom about it and got some crap response that he was using other internet outlets like f'ing Twitter and Facebook. ...like I am going to bother flooding myself with that crap. Not that Killington marketing had a lot of credibility with me before but I'm done with these people. I'll still be there long after this round of people is gone.

well said, i willing to bet it was all a big push for people to buy season passes before the oct deadline, -oh look killington is making snow, ill buy a pass

deadheadskier

Staff member
I found the irony in their latest skiing magazine ad pretty funny. They play on the Chuck Norris joke

The Beast doesn't prepare for Winter
Winter prepares for the Beast.

seeing how by many local accounts, they couldn't open during the cold snap because they weren't prepared makes the ad humorous to me.

Greg

Staff member
My personal objection is that Greg allowed Tom Horrocks to SPAM this forum with implications that Killington was going to open.

I'm so sorry you felt slighted.

Didn't we go over this [post="472115"]already[/post]? Care to point out the specific posts where Tom implied Killington was going to open? Based on your level of disdain, there must be several so they should be easy to find. I hope you have more than just the NWS forecast link he posted.