• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Shawnee Peak Maine acquired by Boyne

MG Skier

I have hiked Shawnee numerous times and sworn I would get there. I would have last year but ... happened. So hopefully this year! Let is snow already!

2planks2coasts

I've got a few of those $15 night skiing coupons Shawnee used to distribute around North Conway. No expiration date on them. Wonder if they're still useable????

Old Glory

Longtime skier in the area. I used to buy passes at Shawnee...until they were more expensive than Sunday River Passes. That was years ago but I could never understand the pricing strategy.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Was there an official name change announcement by Boyne?

Noticed this morning their Facebook page now lists the business as Pleasant Mountain Maine

deadheadskier

Staff member

Website too

Terry

I rode by there Tuesday night and noticed all the Shawnee Peak signs were gone. I kind of figured that was what they were doing.

2Planker

Was there an official name change announcement by Boyne?

Noticed this morning their Facebook page now lists the business as Pleasant Mountain Maine
They did a survey.
Overwhelmng majority choice to go back to Pleasant Mt

kickstand

I had/had a pin advertising the alpine slides at Pleasant Mountain. Probably from the early 80s. If I still have it I'll post a pic.

JimG.

Staff member
Looks like a cool little place.

I get Shawnee is no longer polite and going back to a previous name makes sense.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Looks like a cool little place.

I get Shawnee is no longer polite and going back to a previous name makes sense.

It's a very cool mid sized mountain. Skis much bigger than it's stats as their vertical is really consistent with minimal run out. Good snowmaking and lots of nice character trails too. Just doesn't get a ton of snow due to location and elevation.

I think Boyne will do a great job there. Selfishly I wish they stayed independent and found their way onto the Indy Pass. Used to be able to find day ticket deals there occasionally, but probably not anymore.