• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

KustyTheKlown

sunshine is particularly ill suited in its layout for the circumstances. to access sunshine you need to take a gondola from the parking lot to one of the base areas. its weird. its almost like a Disney world tram. one huge parking lot puts every single person on one gondola that they all need to access the rest of the resort. its not at all surprising for it to look this way just at or prior to the gondola starting. and they probably are organized into a few single file lines instead of the blob that used to form at the gondola. video isn't really that shocking and i bet once they are up the hill and fanned out across the lift infrastructure things are far more normal..

mbedle

sunshine is particularly ill suited in its layout for the circumstances. to access sunshine you need to take a gondola from the parking lot to one of the base areas. its weird. its almost like a Disney world tram. one huge parking lot puts every single person on one gondola that they all need to access the rest of the resort. its not at all surprising for it to look this way just at or prior to the gondola starting. and they probably are organized into a few single file lines instead of the blob that used to form at the gondola. video isn't really that shocking and i bet once they are up the hill and fanned out across the lift infrastructure things are far more normal..
Well, except this line was for purchasing lift tickets, not getting on the gondola.

kingslug

I skied Panorama many moons ago..place was totaly empty..got first tracks everyday. Even revelstoke when I went there several years ago wasn't crowded. Its why I like BC..but not this year :(