• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

KustyTheKlown

sunshine is particularly ill suited in its layout for the circumstances. to access sunshine you need to take a gondola from the parking lot to one of the base areas. its weird. its almost like a Disney world tram. one huge parking lot puts every single person on one gondola that they all need to access the rest of the resort. its not at all surprising for it to look this way just at or prior to the gondola starting. and they probably are organized into a few single file lines instead of the blob that used to form at the gondola. video isn't really that shocking and i bet once they are up the hill and fanned out across the lift infrastructure things are far more normal..

mbedle

sunshine is particularly ill suited in its layout for the circumstances. to access sunshine you need to take a gondola from the parking lot to one of the base areas. its weird. its almost like a Disney world tram. one huge parking lot puts every single person on one gondola that they all need to access the rest of the resort. its not at all surprising for it to look this way just at or prior to the gondola starting. and they probably are organized into a few single file lines instead of the blob that used to form at the gondola. video isn't really that shocking and i bet once they are up the hill and fanned out across the lift infrastructure things are far more normal..
Well, except this line was for purchasing lift tickets, not getting on the gondola.

kingslug

I skied Panorama many moons ago..place was totaly empty..got first tracks everyday. Even revelstoke when I went there several years ago wasn't crowded. Its why I like BC..but not this year :(

nhskier1969

Vermont is so Strict. I think Vermont should put up a wall and make China pay for it.

gittist

I guess Christmas is cancelled because Santa can't make his rounds this year due to all of the the quarantines restrictions.

nhskier1969

I am bummed out my kids (and my 1 year old) can't see Santa for the first time ever 😭
There will be a Christmas this year. I heard Santa is on the top list to get the Vaccine. The CDC doesn't want to screw with Santa.

nhskier1969

I am not sure how everyone else feels about this but when media is showing deaths per week for Coronavirus, what can't they also show daily deaths for heart disease, Cancer and stroke. It would be interesting to show the American public.

KustyTheKlown

because cancer, heart disease, and stroke aren't communicable diseases with unchecked community spread. don't be obtuse. and don't post some bullshit about hpv and cervical cancer. you know its not the same. when i can catch cancer because I've stood too close and too long to another shopper on the grocery line, then they can report cancer deaths on news tickers too.