• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown (night): Sunday, 12/9/2007

Paul

May be heading there this weekend as well. Taking the wife and kid, so probably not Sun. night.

Paul

Cool. Will this be day 1 for you?

Yep. I had to promise the wife that I wouldn't go solo (for awhile, at least) just in case of re-injury. She doesn't want to have to get a ride to wherever, and have to drive my beast of a truck home.

bvibert

Staff member
I should be able to make it Sunday night. :D

I'm out for Sunday. But I will be there with wifey on Saturday. Hoping to be skiing by 10 am. Wife's first time out since March of 06. All new gear so I'm sure her feet are going to feel great!

Keep your eye out for me on Saturday. I'll be working while you're there. If the conditions are really good please don't tell me... ;) Actually I hope to get a few runs in at the end of my shift, so it should be all good...

Greg

Staff member
I should be able to make it Sunday night. :D

Nice! Which of your fourteen pairs of skis will you be using this night?

Hey, the Sundown weather station is back. Time to fire up your geeky temp chart thingamabob...

bvibert

Staff member
Nice! Which of your fourteen pairs of skis will you be using this night?

Hey, the Sundown weather station is back. Time to fire up your geeky temp chart thingamabob...

:lol: I'll probably bring the K2s...

I'll have to get the temp tracker thingamajig going, may not be till tomorrow though...

Greg

Staff member
I'll have to get the temp tracker thingamajig going, may not be till tomorrow though...

What's the matter...? You a little tired or something...? ;)

bvibert

Staff member

I'm feeling somewhat dysfunctional, I couldn't get the CRON job working when I was playing with it this morning... :(

Greg

Staff member
Tried to get an update out of Chris. Will post if I hear something. Wouldn't it be a hoot if we were greeted with bumps Sunday night? It's sure been cold enough this week. It looked like they had a ton of snow last weekend. The place must be buried now. If they really haven't moved off the 6 trails they plan to open with, the base depths are going to be impressive. They light up 90-something guns which is a lot for a place this size.

loafer89

I would love to ski with you guys, but we have her brothers funeral to attend to on sunday-monday and I think she will want me around for a while before I get the chance to go skiing again.

I might be able to make the 12/12, if not the next week.

Greg

Staff member
I would love to ski with you guys, but we have her brothers funeral to attend to on sunday-monday and I think she will want me around for a while before I get the chance to go skiing again.

I might be able to make the 12/12, if not the next week.

Totally understandable.

I just heard from Chris and he like to put bumps on Exhibition for this weekend. That would be cool!

Grassi21

Totally understandable.

I just heard from Chris and he like to put bumps on Exhibition for this weekend. That would be cool!

I'll do my best to ski them in on Saturday. ;-)

Greg

Staff member
Their snowphone's been updated, but no mention of any bumps on Exhibition. Gotta wait and see, I guess.

severine - feel like taking the kids out for a spin by the mountain? ;) The bumps are typically looker's left on Exhibition...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
severine - feel like taking the kids out for a spin by the mountain? ;) The bumps are typically looker's left on Exhibition...
Am I becoming the resident sneak peeker??? LOL! I probably wouldn't mind a car trip (the kids usually sleep so I get some peace and quiet) but I have to work tonight. No time for recreational driving today.

ETA: But if any of you will be there tomorrow night, you'll get to catch me on my first night scanning tix. :D

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Curiosity got the best of me. What can I say? :oops: Looks like no bumps at this time. I did take some pics... they will be forthcoming. If anyone is going tonight, be careful - parking lot was a skating rink.

BTW, if you're stuck in an office and can't tell, it's snowing right now. :D