• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skier and Snowboarder code with modern updates.

ceo

Interesting. I feel like #5 is kind of obsolete at this point, since all bindings have ski brakes. It made sense back in the bad old days of retention straps.

ThinkSnow

Interesting. I feel like #5 is kind of obsolete at this point, since all bindings have ski brakes. It made sense back in the bad old days of retention straps.
Snowboard bindings do not have brakes, and just because ski bindings come with brakes, it doesn't mean they cannot be removed or modified.

skiur

How do you have rule 9, yet damn near every ski resort in the world sells alcohol?

jimmywilson69

Right I've had a beer or 2 at lunch but would never consider myself even close to being impaired.

I will say that I likely skied legally impaired 1 time on closing day maybe 5 years ago. It was not enjoyable and it was pretty clear when I got off the lift that I shouldn't be skiing.

KustyTheKlown

Because it is possible to enjoy a beer at lunch without being legally “impaired”. Also apres.

its fucking ridiculous that some people think one sip of alcohol or one unit of a marijuana causes 'impairment' and that 'impairment' happens at the same quantities in every person. yea, granite1 is a bitch who gets drunk on one sip of beer and reefer madness stoned off of second hand smoke from a lift 100 feet in front of him. most people arent that way.

KustyTheKlown

966e1156a35a2bc1d0b4d09fbc296a08.jpg

abc

I've never seen them either, I've never seen a runaway snowboard as well.
I’ve seen a runaway board!

Fortunately no one was directly below it. We were a good 50‘ below but far off to the side. It shot off in front of us like a bullet. Then it hit a small bump and flew half way up the air. Landed back still bottom side down and kept on going till it went out of our sight!

I‘ve been skiing with a boarder couple a lot. They ALWAYS put on their strap. It wasn’t until that incident that I understand why.

Cornhead

I've never seen them either, I've never seen a runaway snowboard as well.
They were being blown down the hill at the upper mountain lodge at Loveland last spring. I guess they were left lying flat on the snow. That was a first for me. I have seen a runaway board from the lift, didn't look like it'd be fun to be in it's way.

cdskier

#11 - Announce "coming down" before lowering the bar on the chairlift.

Seriously...2 or 3 times this weekend someone wacked me with the bar bringing it down practically as soon as you got on the chair. At least one time one person apologized...

I'll never understand the rush to put it down so quickly. Make sure everyone is paying attention and ready before lowering the bar. It isn't difficult. The irony is those same people that put the bar down so quickly (while you're barely off the ground) will also raise the bar a good 30+ seconds before you get to the unload terminal (while you're often a rather substantial height above ground).