• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2009-10 Thread

BackLoafRiver

For those of you who have kids, Saddleback is offering a pretty cool program for k - 12 students who make fall honor roll. If you are on it, a seasons pass is just $50. Several of my students are going to get their pass as soon as their report cards are issued. It was a huge motivator for one of my kids who went from a 0 in his honors history class to a 80 in a week.

Too bad they aren't extending a program like that for teachers. :-(

roark

Got this years Ski Vermont order form in the mail today. Not sure why they don't publicize this deal more - not listed on the website, mail or fax only. IIRC prices are the same as last year: $125 for a 3pk, $200 for a 5pk. Single day, non-holiday tix or beginner packages. Can only be used once per mt (per pass - you can get 2 ski3 passes per person). Just over $40 per day for a combo like Stowe, Sugarbush, and Kmart is pretty solid compared to the walk up rates. Very good deal for a beginner regardless of where they use it.

If anyone wants I'll scan it Monday - shoot me a PM with your email.

ETA: No need to PM, see Andyzee's link below

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Okemo - 2009-10 standing deals

[FONT=&quot]Okemo Cares & Shares Food Drive Day[/FONT] - Bring at least 3 non-perishable food items to the ticket window and ski/ride the entire day on December 6, 2009 for just $30.

January Tribute - U.S. Military Veterans, Fire, Police and Ambulance Personnel - Okemo pays tribute to the United States Military Veterans, Police Officers, Firefighters and Ambulance personnel every Tuesday and Thursday during the month of January 2010, with a special half-price discount on lift tickets. When they show their ID card/badge and a photo ID at the Mountain Services Center at the Okemo Clock Tower base area or the Jackson Gore base area, qualified personnel will receive 50 percent off the price of an adult full-day, full price lift ticket. It's Okemo's way of saying "thank you" for all that our civil servants do!
Tuesdays, January 5, 12, 19, 26
Thursdays, January 7, 14, 21, 28
Big Game Sunday Solution - Ski, ride, see the Big Game and save an extra $10. The Big Game Sunday Solution ticket takes another $10 off our already reduced Sunday Solution rate. That means you can ski from 8 am to 1:30 pm for only $60 for Adults, $52 for Young Adults and Seniors, and $37 for Juniors. Valid only on Big Game Sunday, February 7, 2010.

Monday Morning Quarterback: Ski or ride for $1 per point on Monday, February 8th! Here is how it works: the lift ticket rate on this Monday only will be equal to the combined score of the two teams in the Big Game. (ex. Team A scores 17, Team B scores 14 - so a lift ticket is just $31!) Attention trivia buffs: the lowest combined score was 21 in 1973! (Ticket price not to exceed $59.)

April Fools Food Drive - Bring any 3 non-perishable food items to Okemo on Thursday, April 1, 2010 and ski the entire day for just $10! All donations collected will be distributed to Black River Good Neighbors' food bank in Ludlow, VT.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
T....see the bottom of page....
All rates are per person per night, based on max occ, and do not include the tax and resort fees.
I see that all over the place on these lodging "deals". That's why it has to be damn good before I see any point in posting it. In general, I don't really see lodging "deals."

Last edited:

SKI-3PO

Hunter:

Big Lift card - $39, buy before 11/1 and get a free unrestricted lift ticket
Big Lift card + 1 - $78 before 11/1 with 2 unrestricted lift tickets
3X card - $99 for 3 non-holiday lift tickets

nycskier

We really need to make this thread a sticky!

And FYI for anyone planning a trip out West the Epic pass is $599 until November 22. No blackout dates and good for unlimited skiing in Vail, Beaver Creek, A-Basin, Keystone and Breckingridge in Colorado and Heavenly in Tahoe. With vail lift tickets running upwards of $80 it's a good investment if you know you are going to do a couple trips out West.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I need to get on the 3 day before the weekend as apparently they sell out fast. This program specifically is why I chose not to go the club route this season. I knew I wasn't going to be skiing more than a few days in VT. Club options for NH are a joke in comparison to both club pricing and the SkiVT deal.

Last year, the club made sense as I crabbed 8 days in VT for $240 including club membership.

tcharron

Puck it

FYI - If you have a midweek or black out pass to Killington this year. You also get a free express card. This is a good deal to fill for the black out days and weekends.

Skibum_dan

yowzas!

Those that hit the annual TJ Maxx annual ski sale...

Saw a sign while out at lunch that the annual ski sale starts next Thursday.

Usually good deals on goggles, gloves, and lots of other soft goods items. (I've had particularly good luck with base layers the past couple of years).

-w

I scored some cloudvail pants marked down to $149 from $400. I had no idea you could get good technical stuff there. Shop for skiing stuff and spice racks..at the same time!!

Evmo

I might make it up that weekend. Do you think that rate will still be good a week or two prior to the holiday? I'm not sure how that site works, do they have a block of tickets and just sell till there gone, or what?
Hey Twinplanx,

Just saw this post, wanted to answer appropriately. All of the deals are in blocks, so resorts can (and often do) sell out. Whiteface tends to manage their prices pretty regularly in season, so keep an eye out for price changes. Let me know if you have any questions!

E