• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2009-10 Thread

chrisrunsi

Good deal on tix to VT resorts, can't be used on typical blackout dates, or same resort twice. It's $125 for 3 tix and $200 for 5.
You can find form here: http://www.noshitzone.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=223 Print it out and mail or fax it in.

Anyone else purchase these? I just sent my form in today via fax. Feels a little sketchy without a phone call or anything to verify your order has been processed.

frozencorn

Anyone else purchase these? I just sent my form in today via fax. Feels a little sketchy without a phone call or anything to verify your order has been processed.

Sent my fax last week, then shot an email off to info@skivermont.com a few days later. Got one back the next day confirming they received the fax, and that orders would be processed within 2 1/2 weeks, which is what the form says. So, all's good.

roark

Sent my fax last week, then shot an email off to info@skivermont.com a few days later. Got one back the next day confirming they received the fax, and that orders would be processed within 2 1/2 weeks, which is what the form says. So, all's good.
Done it the last couple years... :idea: would be nice if the VSAA would join the 1990s and put up a web form.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Done it the last couple years... :idea: would be nice if the VSAA would join the 1990s and put up a web form.

Agree, but I have learned not to complain about cheap. My club does the same thing, but nobody wants to invest the time and short money. It's all about the time to get it going correctly and feeling good it works right.

amf

I think they intentionally do NOT put up a web form. Kinda makes you do a little work for your fix.

Ice Queen

Bought this last year. Will buy it again this year. Super deals. Can't recommend it enough.

I agree totally. Unbelievable deals, the card pays for itself the first time you use it. When I tell people about it on the lift I always have to tell them that it sounds too good to be true, but it's not!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Well, I did it. I am no longer a season pass holder and trying to ski on the cheap this year with discounts. Already have the CHAD card and two SkiVT 3 cards and one 5 card. And of course, a Mad Card and some Mad Cash so probably 4-5 days at MRG. Debating a VT Travel Club Card, but will await mid-season to determine how quick I blow through my SkiVT Cards. Still hammering at Jay though with their Passport Card. I think this is going to be able to better spread me out and become a "wanderer" again and chase storms. More days in NH and ME since I am not tied down.

Most importantly, more touring which is free after the equipment investment! Should be a great season. Took me over a month of considering this to make a decision. And I still was not quite sure but the decision was forced today with last day for early rates on the season pass. Will be a bummer having to pay for tickets all the time, season pass is sweet not having to get in a ticket window line. But I think I can make this work for barely more than the cost of a season price when calculated out and have more options. Can't wait!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nice

Now if only NH would offer a similar deal to VT's ski3 and ski5. I purchased 1 ski3 and can usually score a $50 or cheaper Stowe ticket through friends up there. As a weekend skier, the only real deal I got in NH are Sunday liftopia deals at Wildcat. Sunday NH resident at Sunapee isn't bad at $32 to bang some bumps on Goose.

Hopefully central NH gets hammered again like the past two seasons to keep me entertained at Ragged as my guess is over 50% of my days will be there this winter.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I think the reason NH does not offer the same deals as VT are two-fold. First, VT is over priced compared to NH. I suspect that VT can offer more discounts because they already have inflated their day ticket rate to absurdity at many mountains. The other reason I think is that NH has a captive day trip market with Boston metro, the northern suburbs, and SoNH inside the 101 Belt. Whereas VT relies more on bed base and less on day tickets. Two really different markets.

Cannon used to have tons of discounts but those got discarded about a half dozen years ago. You got to rely on your mid-week deals in NH. Twofers, resident days, car loads, etc. And then you have your second tier mountains that offer great skiing at a great price like Black, Crotch, Tenney, etc. I don't include Ragged or Sunapee because, IMO, they are really over priced for what they are and not great prices. And you got the third tier like Dartmouth, Balsalms, Whaleback, etc. that are really really cheap. So NH is already well priced. You only notice the lack of discounts and deals with the big five (Cannon, Wildcat, Bretton, Loon, and Waterville).

How about Maine? I don't hear much for deals going on with Sunday River and Sugarloaf. But every single other ski area in Maine seems to be a REALLY good deal. Again, priced at what they should be priced at rather than relying on over priced tickets to subsidize discounts.

rocojerry

I have not received anything yet but the web site said that I will get a Black ticket and one other. I requested Mount Abram. If that was not available, I requested Saddleback or Magic.

If you hear what the deal is for 09-10, definately interested. I'd buy one now if they had the same deals as last year.