• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2009-10 Thread

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
CHAD: 50 smackers for Ragged, Tenney, Pats

Our club received this yesterday. Not only is it a worthy charity ,but for 50 smackers you've got a ticket to Ragged, Pats and Tenney.
Includes a viewing of the latest Warren Miller flick.

Email: @snhu.edu
Subject: Volunteer of CHaD-Childrens Hospital Dartmouth in manchester

We are hosting a charity event to raise money for Kristen's Gift (pediatric oncology) at the Palace Theater in manchester. These VIP tickets come with ski tickets and other goodies, so if you are interested and could pass this on to anyone interested in your team that would be great.
It is for a great cause.

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15th at 4:00 PM PALACE THEATRE, MANCHESTER, NH

HELP US MAKE THIS OUR 12TH STRAIGHT SELLOUT! PLEASE PASS THIS EMAIL ALONG TO OTHERS.

WE VE ADDED ITEMS TO OUR GOODIE BAGS THEY RE WORTH A LOT MORE THAN THE TICKET COST!

DON T WAIT - CALL THE PALACE THEATRE FOR YOU TICKETS TODAY (603-668-5588)

ALL PROCEEDS GO TO KRISTEN S GIFT - HELPING NEW HAMPSHIRE KIDS FIGHT CANCER AT CHaD, CHILDREN S HOSPITAL AT DARTMOUTH-HITCHCOCK

All tickets are sold ONLY through the Palace Theatre Box Office at 80 Hanover St. You can call to order @ 603-668-5588.

We have TWO ticket prices for this event:

$25.00 Tickets

Each $25 ticket includes:

A 2 for 1 pass to Ragged Mountain ($50.00 value!)

T-Bones Scratch Ticket (win from $8 to $50 in food!)

Coupon for Kick Boxing Lesson

Corona I-Pod Sock

10 Percent off coupon from Modell s Sporting Goods

$50.00 VIP Tickets (limited quantity)

Each VIP ticket comes with:

THREE ski lift tickets (One each for; Ragged Mountain, Tenney Mountain and Pat's Peak - a $140.00 value!)

Jillian s Weekend Admission Ticket

T-Bones Scratch ticket (win from $8 to $50 in food!)

Two-week personal workout from Next Level Performance

10 Percent off coupon from Modell s Sporting Goods

Entry to TWO PRIVATE apres-event parties at Penuche s and Ignite Bar & Grille (Includes complimentary food, a wine tasting, the Pats-Colts game on their televisions and more!)

For more info (or to make a donation,give an auction item, etc.) send email to: toby.trudel@hitchcock.org or call 629-1862 or go to www.kristensgift.com.

Last edited:

jaytrem

My Descente Passport jacket arrived the other day. That's the one that comes with a bunch of free lift tickets. Areas are listed here...

http://www.descente.com/product/271018/D0-8358/_/Course_Jacket

I paid $219 from a shop in Minnesota called Joe's Sporting Goods. They should have another sale coming in November. There are a few other places that also have the jackets at discounted prices. The large is running a little larger this year, at 5' 10" and a fit 170, I probably could use a medium. Last year the large was perfect. Anyway, I'll just go over the Northeastern coupons and if anybody has any question on others, just ask.

Windham - No blackout days listed.

Hunter - No blackout days listed.

Wachusett - No blackout days listed.

Nashoba - No blackout days listed.

Jay Peak - No blackout days listed, I used on a holiday last year.

Bretton Woods - No blackout days listed, I used on a holiday last year.

Mont Saint-Sauveur - No blackout days listed, good at any of their 6 ski areas .

Sunday River - No blackout days listed. Might also be good at Sugarloaf. I only say this because on the back of the book it's listed as a Sunday River/Sugarloaf ticket. Probably a good idea to call or email before trying to use it there.

Holiday Valley - Blackout Dec 24 - Dec 31

Waterville Valley - Appears to only be a 2 for 1, balckout Dec 26 - Jan 1, Jan 19 - Jan 21, Feb 16 - Feb 24.

Westerns with blackouts - Alpine Meadows, Big Sky, Bear Valley, Mission Ridge.

The rest should be good anytime.

If everything goes absolutly perfect I would get to use 17 of them. That's $12.88 a day. Doubt that will happen, but I can dream.

jaytrem

The page description says SR/SL

Yeah, but the voucher in the book doesn't mention anything about Sugarloaf. Almost everytime I used a voucher last year the person at the desk had never seen them before. So it might be alittle tricky to convince somebody at Sugarloaf to give you a free ticket for something that doesn't have their name on it.

There was typo for Bear Valley, CA last year. Said it was good for a children's ticket. They were suprised and said it won't be a problem to get an adult ticket. I printed out the email just in case, better safe than sorry. Had no problems, the lady even gave me back my voucher for some reason. Didn't get a chance to reuse it though.

Vince

Found a rather non descript blue (Winter Go Play New England Map) brochure the other day at Sports Authority in Woburn MA. Full of cut out coupons (no card to buy). Found near the back entrance in the rack with all the other travel brochures. If you text NEWENGLAND to 71297 they text about 2 offers/ads per day to your phone.

2 for 1 Sugarbush (midweek non Holiday)
2 for 1 Jay non holiday
2 for 1 Smuggs non holiday
$20 Hunter non h
2 for 1 Stratton on Tuesdays/ $10 off other weekdays
An ad for $38 at Gore or Whiteface when you bring a can of Coca Cola in on Wednesdays
$65 Okemo learn to ski. Non h
$5 off Nashoba
$10 off Burke non h
$44 Bromley Tuesday lift and lunch

rocojerry

Found a rather non descript blue (Winter Go Play New England Map) brochure the other day at Sports Authority in Woburn MA. Full of cut out coupons (no card to buy). Found near the back entrance in the rack with all the other travel brochures. If you text NEWENGLAND to 71297 they text about 2 offers/ads per day to your phone.

2 for 1 Sugarbush (midweek non Holiday)
2 for 1 Jay non holiday
2 for 1 Smuggs non holiday
$20 Hunter non h
2 for 1 Stratton on Tuesdays/ $10 off other weekdays
An ad for $38 at Gore or Whiteface when you bring a can of Coca Cola in on Wednesdays
$65 Okemo learn to ski. Non h
$5 off Nashoba
$10 off Burke non h
$44 Bromley Tuesday lift and lunch

Awesome. Hope I find one of those :)

hockeylax

pepperdawg

I just googled Winter Go Play New England Map and the first thing that came up was a pdf link to the offer.

http://massachusetts.ettractions.com/storage/location/pdf/Go%20Play%20Map%20Winter%202009-final.pdf

Looks like you just need to text to redeem the offers. I'd be curious though if that means its a limit of one per phone number for each offer. Either way it puts Smuggs, Sugarbush, and Jay Peak at under $40 if you have someone to go with or meet someone in line.

Thx for the PDF. Saves trying to locate a HC.

Smellytele

Can you just print it out?

I just googled Winter Go Play New England Map and the first thing that came up was a pdf link to the offer.

http://massachusetts.ettractions.com/storage/location/pdf/Go%20Play%20Map%20Winter%202009-final.pdf

Looks like you just need to text to redeem the offers. I'd be curious though if that means its a limit of one per phone number for each offer. Either way it puts Smuggs, Sugarbush, and Jay Peak at under $40 if you have someone to go with or meet someone in line.

Can you just print it out?

chrisrunsi

I think you actually need to brochure. I used the Hunter tickets last year and tried to make copies. Ticket window wasn't accepting them.

chrisrunsi

When you text, all you get are updates on what the "deals" on their webpage are. Like when I texted the Hunter deal, all I got was a text reminding me that you can buy a big lift card. You need the brochure for the coupons on there.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
That's a pretty sweet deal now that they've added a lift ticket to it. It was the same price the past couple of years with no lift ticket.

-w

My premonition leads me to think we'll see more deals this year than last, not just at Boyne, but everywhere. Partly due to the economy and partly due to the signals like this that I'm already seeing. Typical marketing behavior - don't change the entry price point, but add goodies to it. I suspect one of the bigger improvements will be in the ski and stay packages. Nothing worse than rooms with no bodies....

roark

Price Chopper 'ski any 3'
https://www2.pricechopper.com/orderform/skipass.shtml
* Family Mountain Passbook ski vouchers may be redeemed for a lift ticket at Wachusett Mountain, Belleayre Mountain, Mount Sunapee, Ski Sundown, Windham Mountain, Jiminy Peak, West Mountain or Pico Mountain Sunday-Friday, non-holiday, thru end of season, Spring 2010. Big Mountain Passbook ski vouchers may be redeemed for a lift ticket at Gore Mountain, Okemo, Whiteface, Smuggler's Notch or Mount Snow. Sunday-Friday, non-holiday, thru end of season, Spring 2010. (For specific end of season dates, please contact mountain directly.) Cannot be combined with any other discount offer. Non-refundable. Cannot be resold. No cash value. Non-transferable. Not valid on the following dates: December 24, 2009 - January 3, 2010; January 16-18; February 13-21, 2010.

Evmo

Hey guys,

We are working hard to add more resorts on Liftopia, but there are a handful of amazing deals on there now. Some of you already have purchased the Ragged tix for $12, there are Jay Peak tix for about the same price, as well as Jiminy for $25, Wildcat for $28, etc...

Thanks for your patience while we work on more!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I just noticed that Cannon updated their web page to indicate that "The Big Easy" coupons are no longer valid. I remember skiing with these at Cannon about a half dozen years ago or so. They could be found in those vacation guide books at NH rest areas. I would stock pile a dozen or so for the season and clip them out for two for one skiing any day of the year. Folks must have still been using them because there is no expiration date but they listed it on the web site as no longer valid.

Cannon had a few frequent skier programs through the years as well. First there was the card in which you got a free day after paying for either five full days or ten half days. Then the bumped it up to 10 days any way you pay or something like that. Now their best offering is the 10 pack which I think is more expense than a resident season pass.

Got to looking at their prices today and noticed that they are up to $66 weekend. I think they were around $45 for a weekend about seven years ago or so as I recall. Pretty big jump. They really pump themselves up as a great "value" but the only value I see at Cannon are their Tues/Thurs two-fers and Wednesday residents day. Cannon used to always be a few bucks under Wildcat and now they are consistently a buck or two over The Cat.

I guess I am just bitter because I will need to pay full price at Cannon this year. Ah, well, here is hoping for lots of mid-week dumps in NH! Any leads on weekend discounts at Cannon appreciated but they really bottled that stuff up at Cannon and I rarely see weekend discounts any more and I will be damned if I am going to pay $66 to ski any where unless it is a monster powder day that does not hit someplace I have a discount for.

tcharron

Hey guys,

We are working hard to add more resorts on Liftopia, but there are a handful of amazing deals on there now. Some of you already have purchased the Ragged tix for $12, there are Jay Peak tix for about the same price, as well as Jiminy for $25, Wildcat for $28, etc...

Thanks for your patience while we work on more!

Thanks for the update! I love the site, really the ONLY thing missing is ONE thing. The popup map to see deals on other days for a given resort is great. What would be ANOTHER big help, is the ability to present the map with a mouseover on days for, say, any resorts in vermont, or even the enter northeast. Many times I don't have a specific day in mind, but I have a weekend in mind for anything in driving distance.

OH, even better! A 'Show me deals at my favorite mountains' calender!