• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2009-10 Thread

chrisrunsi

you can send them an email. I think it's ctm marketing group and request flyers. I got 5 in about 2 weeks.

polski

Website
twitter.com
Via SKIVT-L, Pricechopper passbooks - 3 vouchers non-Saturday/non-holiday for $107 incl s/h for Wachusett, Belleayre, Sunapee, Sundown, Windham, Jiminy, West or Pico Mountain; $137 Gore, Okemo, Whiteface, Smuggs or Mount Snow.

Website says until Dec 12 but SKIVT-L poster said through end of year.

SKIQUATTRO

I like snowboards, i just like them better when they aren't around :)

no real issues except for the side scraping down the hill, sitting in the middle of a trail and some of the other isses that have have been mentioned, but to each his own, at least they are outside experiencing mother natures....IMOP, there is nothing sweeter than a snowboarder who knows what they are doing and can lay down some lines (esp the hardbooters)....there was something nice about skiing mrg and deer valley w/o boarders though....

reefer

Reminder tomorrow (12/13) is Okemo's "cares and shares" day. A few cans of food, or toy, or new clothing, gets you a lift ticket for $25.00. Probably a day of "fast" groomers. My son Mike and I are heading up just to get outside for the day....................

jrad1110

I like snowboards, i just like them better when they aren't around :)

no real issues except for the side scraping down the hill, sitting in the middle of a trail and some of the other isses that have have been mentioned, but to each his own, at least they are outside experiencing mother natures....IMOP, there is nothing sweeter than a snowboarder who knows what they are doing and can lay down some lines (esp the hardbooters)....there was something nice about skiing mrg and deer valley w/o boarders though....

Not sure what this has to do with skiing on the cheap. And I think that skiers bother snowboarders as much snowboarders bother skiers. I've seen skiers be just as rude as everyone feels snowboarders are but for some reason it'll still be the boarders that are the rude ones. I guess thats what comes with the younger sport that more younger people like. Can't we all get along? I wouldn't mind a skier free mtn though so i could see what thats like from the boarder side...

koko85

Any word on if Stratton is doing the 10K giveaway they have run the past few years? Would be pretty sweet - got at least one ticket a year for myself and my wife!

frozencorn

Any word on if Stratton is doing the 10K giveaway they have run the past few years? Would be pretty sweet - got at least one ticket a year for myself and my wife!

Yeah, I've heard no word of it this year. What gives?

frozencorn

It's $9 Friday at Wildcat this week, $10 for Black's opening day.

JPTracker

I asked someone at the ski show about it and they said they were discontinuing that promotion. I guess they finally realized that all it did was give away a lot of free tickets without much in return. Maybe the first couple years it brought some new people to the mountain but after a few years I don't see where they would benefit from it anymore.

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
This is pretty cool: Jiminy Peak is offering free lift tickets on Friday, December 18, to anyone who drives a hybrid! You have to get there before 10:30 to get the free ticket.

jrad1110

This is pretty cool: Jiminy Peak is offering free lift tickets on Friday, December 18, to anyone who drives a hybrid! You have to get there before 10:30 to get the free ticket.

Thats disappointing for me cause I will be there this friday before 10:30 and I do not drive a hybrid. I wonder if its one ticket per car or if its for everyone in the car. Either way i'm jealous.