• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2009-10 Thread

Juiced

That sandwich looks sooo good.

recreationconnection.com tons of deals on tickets.

Has anyone ever used these deals? I have been trying to find people who may have used it at Killington, but no luck so far.

When you go through the order process you pay Killington directly and pick up the card there. It doesn't say you have to present a membership card or anything, just mention recreation connection. Any comments?

nycskier

If you sign up at Mr. Rebates:
http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=397582

You can get a 5% cashback rebate on all purchases at Skis.com and Sun & Ski Sports.
A 6% cashback rebate on all purchases at Snow Shack and Paragon Sports.

And discounts at a lot of other online stores (even 3% cashback on eBay purchases!).

It's a good site to checkout. They even give you a $5 cachback credit just for signing up.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
MRG January 26, $3.50

The last Tuesday in January is always an important day at Mad River Glen. It’s the day the ski area with the famous, "Ski It If You Can" bumper sticker, celebrates the anniversary of its grand opening in 1949. This year, Roll Back the Clock Day will be held on Tuesday, January 26. Mad River Glen will celebrate its 61st Birthday with lift tickets costing $3.50, the 1949 price.

wa-loaf

The last Tuesday in January is always an important day at Mad River Glen. It’s the day the ski area with the famous, "Ski It If You Can" bumper sticker, celebrates the anniversary of its grand opening in 1949. This year, Roll Back the Clock Day will be held on Tuesday, January 26. Mad River Glen will celebrate its 61st Birthday with lift tickets costing $3.50, the 1949 price.

How packed does it get on these days?

57stevey

Stopped for gas this morning at a BP in Watertown. There was a sign for ski coupons with a fill-up. Guy gave me 3...nice guy! It's good for 2for1 on Sundays at Mt Snow, Attitash, Crotched, JFBB or $10 off a lift ticket or $10 of lift, lesson, rental pkg. There are some BO days but nothing unusual.

Not sure it's at all BPs, but something to watch for.

Just noticed the coupon says "No purchase required"

Say, thanks! They are available at the BP here in Salem NH as well. I don't see many Attitash deals so this is very cool.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Stowe, Tuesday Feb 2nd $39

Woodchuck Day!

Tuesday, February 2

How much snow could a woodchuck…..come ski with us at a special ticket offer of a $39 one-day Adult, Junior or Senior Lift Tickets all day long.

WJenness

Woodchuck Day!

Tuesday, February 2

How much snow could a woodchuck…..come ski with us at a special ticket offer of a $39 one-day Adult, Junior or Senior Lift Tickets all day long.

Damn.

I may have to jump on this one.

Penciling it in on the calendar.

-w

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Stratton, Jan 18+19 (MLK Monday + Tues) $79

This looks like a better deal than most:

$79 - One Night, Two Days

Get more time on the slopes - Two days of skiing or riding and one night of lodging for only $79 per person! This very special offer is available January 13, 14, 18 and 19 only in hotels and select condominiums (double occupancy).

bheemsoth

Say, thanks! They are available at the BP here in Salem NH as well. I don't see many Attitash deals so this is very cool.

Picked up about 20 of the coupons in Manchester, CT last night. Definitely will come in handy since I'll be hitting Attitash on Saturdy with about 15 people, and the $10 off deal is pretty good when coupled with discounted Thursday Bretton Woods tickets and the $9 Friday Wildcat deal. Pretty sweet extended weekend of skiing for about $115.

The coupon is also valid at Mount Snow, so I'll probably use the B1G1 Sunday deal there in a couple of weeks. I haven't been to Snow in many years, so this will be an excuse to get back.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Picked up about 20 of the coupons in Manchester, CT last night. Definitely will come in handy since I'll be hitting Attitash on Saturdy with about 15 people, and the $10 off deal is pretty good when coupled with discounted Thursday Bretton Woods tickets and the $9 Friday Wildcat deal. Pretty sweet extended weekend of skiing for about $115.

The coupon is also valid at Mount Snow, so I'll probably use the B1G1 Sunday deal there in a couple of weeks. I haven't been to Snow in many years, so this will be an excuse to get back.

Please check in with an Attitash TR. We don't get many of those, and it's been a good 15 years since I skied there last.

hudsonhacker

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but Whiteface has some really good midweek packages. They are offering the 3rd night and 3rd ski ticket free when you book for 2 days and nights. Crowne Plaza right in the heart of Lake Placid, for 3 days and 3 nights comes to $198 per person. Pretty good deal in my books considering the 3 day ticket is regularly $210 without any lodging! $66 per day skiing and hotel is a really good deal in my books. Must arrive a Sunday or Monday night, and good until Feb 14th. Just figured I would mention it. I have no affiliation, just a deal I found and figured maybe someone else may be able to take advantage of it. Not sure what the Crowne Plaza is like, as I have read some very mixed reviews on Tripadvisor, but hey, it is a bed and skiing! Now, if they could just get some snow.