• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2009-10 Thread

amf

Just got my Catamount Trail membership booklet... for downhill skiers Bromley, Bolton, Smuggs, & Stratton all have 2-for-1 deals while Jay has one half price ticket. Most have the usual blackout dates, & Stratton & Smuggs are limited to midweek. Unfortunately, Sugarbush is not included this year. Bromley is $10 midweek. These coupons are good for one use only, but they are a nice benefit of membership.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Killington Club Card

Join a Ski Club and hit Killington for cheap, with their "Club Card"
- Prepurchase four tix before 12/15 for $200 - $50 smacks a ticket.
- $220 before Jan 15th.
- Reloadable at original price
- NO Blackout Dates
- does not appear to be transferable

http://www.killington.com/winter/plan/clubcard/index.html/

I spoke with K. Sales about it last week. It was around last year, but not promoted. This is the first evidence of an attitude turn-around, and they know they need it. Check out the Pico pre-purchase offering too.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Bump on Magic Pre-purchase

Bump for a good cause:

Three (3) lift tickets valid all season long with no blackout days for only $120.00!!
Magic 3-Packs must be purchased before December 1, 2009

That is $40 each vs $52 walk up weekend/holiday.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Black Mountain

THURSDAY: Breakfast Club. 55 and up ski all day for $20.00 includes breakfast and a black mountain travel mug.

Next year, I'm in! :daffy:
But I won't waste my time on the breakfast. I'll go for the Chili later...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Smugglers offsite vouchers

Discount Ticket Locations

Visit one of the following locations to purchase a Lift Ticket and Save!

Vouchers that are valid any day during the 2009/10 Winter Season can be purchased at these shops for $50 per Adult Lift Ticket, and $40 per Youth (age 6 - 18) Lift Ticket. You will save $12 per adult ticket, and $6 per youth ticket (based on Regular Season Rates).

http://www.smuggs.com/pages/winter/skiride/lift-ticket-discounts.php

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Price Chopper 'ski any 3'
https://www2.pricechopper.com/orderform/skipass.shtml
* Family Mountain Passbook ski vouchers may be redeemed for a lift ticket at Wachusett Mountain, Belleayre Mountain, Mount Sunapee, Ski Sundown, Windham Mountain, Jiminy Peak, West Mountain or Pico Mountain Sunday-Friday, non-holiday, thru end of season, Spring 2010. Big Mountain Passbook ski vouchers may be redeemed for a lift ticket at Gore Mountain, Okemo, Whiteface, Smuggler's Notch or Mount Snow. Sunday-Friday, non-holiday, thru end of season, Spring 2010. (For specific end of season dates, please contact mountain directly.) Cannot be combined with any other discount offer. Non-refundable. Cannot be resold. No cash value. Non-transferable. Not valid on the following dates: December 24, 2009 - January 3, 2010; January 16-18; February 13-21, 2010.
Nice deal. I remember that one from before but I have never taken advantage of it. Would be interesting to do a Whiteface & Gore run on the cheap as their day ticket prices are quite expensive. And then I would have an extra Smuggs ticket to burn, hmmmmm. Always wanted to try Whiteface...

roark

Nice deal. I remember that one from before but I have never taken advantage of it. Would be interesting to do a Whiteface & Gore run on the cheap as their day ticket prices are quite expensive. And then I would have an extra Smuggs ticket to burn, hmmmmm. Always wanted to try Whiteface...
I haven't either. I've always wanted to get back to WF and Gore - haven't been since I was this big . A bit of a haul from NH but not a bad idea...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Question about the Price Chopper deal. Can you ski the same mountain for all 3 or do you have to switch it up? I couldn't find that info on the website. I'd be interested in a day at Pico and two at Sunapee off that deal

patricsaint

My Descente Passport jacket arrived the other day. That's the one that comes with a bunch of free lift tickets. Areas are listed here...

http://www.descente.com/product/271018/D0-8358/_/Course_Jacket

I paid $219 from a shop in Minnesota called Joe's Sporting Goods. They should have another sale coming in November. There are a few other places that also have the jackets at discounted prices. The large is running a little larger this year, at 5' 10" and a fit 170, I probably could use a medium. Last year the large was perfect. Anyway, I'll just go over the Northeastern coupons and if anybody has any question on others, just ask.

Just ordered my jacket from Joes for $219! They started another 3 day sale today (11-12) and it still includes the passport with up to 40 free lift tickets!
I needed a new jacket really bad so this should work out great for me.
Thanks for the tip jaytrem!

zinger3000

Ski 3 Vermont

Sent my fax last week, then shot an email off to info@skivermont.com a few days later. Got one back the next day confirming they received the fax, and that orders would be processed within 2 1/2 weeks, which is what the form says. So, all's good.

I faxed in my order last week, but got a reply today that they're already sold out!

Anyone know when they start selling these so I'll be prepared for next year?

Guess I'll get a Price Chopper Ski Any 3 - plus 20¢ off per gallon of gas in conjunction with their FuelAdvantage program.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
my card was charged a couple weeks ago.... still waiting...
Same. And same with my CHAD card, Mad Card/Cash, etc. I think most of these places are still working through the logistics of sending out a ton of mail or perhaps waiting for the cards to go to the shop. I am sure we will see them soon. No rush, not like I will be using any of these cards during the early season.

frozencorn

Mine came Nov. 1. Agreed, drop them an email. They'll get back to you pretty quickly.

chrisrunsi

my card was charged a couple weeks ago.... still waiting...

same here. I sent mine in Oct 16th and was charged a few days later. I email them on monday and the said they are up to mail October 14th passes. A week prior they told me they were sending October 12th passes.

deadheadskier

Staff member
they're definitely a bit slow at skivt in processing things. When I sent in my check, it was over two weeks before they deposited it. That's a big pet peeve of mine. I send you a check? Please deposit it right away or within a couple of days.

WJenness

they're definitely a bit slow at skivt in processing things. When I sent in my check, it was over two weeks before they deposited it. That's a big pet peeve of mine. I send you a check? Please deposit it right away or within a couple of days.

Agreed... My landlord always deposits the rent check on the 15th.

Kind of annoying to have to remember that when budgeting all the time.

-w