• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread

Smellytele

Wear your button to the participating mountain each week, and present the appropriate voucher from your coupon book to get the half-price deal. Be sure to join us at 4 pm for the Harpoon Apres-Ski & Ride Party in the lodge. We'll chill-out after a day on the slopes and give away a ton of terrific prizes which could include TSL Snowshoes, Vermont Teddy Bears, gift certificates and loads more!
Buttons are non-transferable. ONLY 2010 "Ski and Ride with The Point" buttons are acceptable and you MUST have the Coupon for each Ski & Ride Event at time of ticket purchase.

Buttons cost $3

http://www.pointfm.com/skiandride/

Jan 8: Jay
Jan 15: Sugarbush
Jan 22: Mad River
Jan 24: Trapp Family lodge x-country
Jan 29: Smuggler's Notch
Feb 5: Burke Mountain
Feb 12: Bolton Valley
Feb 19: Dartmouth Skiway
Feb 26: Ragged Mountain
March 5: Sugarbush
March 12: Bolton Valley
March 19: Killington
March 21: Pico (Sunday)
March 26: Stowe
April 2: Jay

Um isn't this last year's

jaytrem

Its not on their website, but this site has a photo of the available tickets.

http://www.summitonline.com/free-sh...e-mens-insulated-ski-jacket-2011-p190965.html

Haven't compared to last year, looks very close to the same.

Hopefully the Jackets on the site aren't the only ones as they aren't as good looking as the Vigor which I bought last year.

Been trying to figure out the difference, can check when I get home. But I know Homewood, Whitefish, Mt Hood Meadows, La Crosse and I believe Hidden Valley are new. Lost is Big Sky and Holiday Valley. Glad to see Copper is still there, thought they might be gone with the new owners. I'm pleased with the changes, should be able to use Homewood and Mt Hood. Will be interesting to see if Waterville is still a 2 for 1, or really a freebie like the rest. At any rate no matter what they look like it's still gotta be the best deal in skiing. And you can always give the new jacket to charity and keep the book.

jaytrem

Been trying to figure out the difference, can check when I get home. But I know Homewood, Whitefish, Mt Hood Meadows, La Crosse and I believe Hidden Valley are new. Lost is Big Sky and Holiday Valley. Glad to see Copper is still there, thought they might be gone with the new owners. I'm pleased with the changes, should be able to use Homewood and Mt Hood. Will be interesting to see if Waterville is still a 2 for 1, or really a freebie like the rest. At any rate no matter what they look like it's still gotta be the best deal in skiing. And you can always give the new jacket to charity and keep the book.

So the above is correct except I missed the removal of Boston Mills/Brandywine. So much for my big ski trip to Ohio. Also the Ski Train in Colorado has been removed, but that didn't actually run last year anyway. As for jackets there's also a new version of the Course jacket from last year....

http://www.skis.com/all-mens-ski-ja...e-mens-insulated-ski-jacket-2011-p190989.html

patricsaint

Also the Descente Passport jacket will be back again. Great deal, buy a jacket for about $220 and get 40 free lift tickets. I think I used 16 this past year, so that came to $13.75 a day. The jackets are actually very nice too.

That's great news thanks! I'll probably get another one this season. I was able to use about a dozen of the free lift tickets last year. :spread:

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Stowefest and Marketfest - credit towards pass or points card

Stowe, VT - The 2010 Marketfest and Stowefest are now underway. Through purchases at participating stores in Burlington and Stowe, Vt., through Oct. 11, shoppers can save what they spend, up to $350, off an adult season pass to Stowe Mountain Resort, or apply the credit toward Stowe Points Cards.

Those interested should fill out a Stowe Season Pass application found at participating vendors. A list of of Stowe vendors or Burlington vendors is available at www.stowe.com. Collect your receipts, dated between Sept. 10 and Oct. 11, 2010, and include the participating store name to redeem them for Stowe Points Cards at the Spruce Peak Season Pass Office in person or by mail on or before Oct. 31, 2010.

Savings may be applied toward an Adult StoweSeven+, StoweSeven or StoweSix Season Pass, or for Stowe Points Cards.

Stowe Points Cards, valued at $75 each, are earned for every $25 spent (up to eight cards) during the Market & Stowefest promotion. The Stowe Points Card entitles the bearer to discounted lift tickets, summer attractions and golf while earning points on purchases around the resort toward free skiing/riding and golf.

neil

Liftopia has Waterville Valley tickets for $12 on Friday, December 10th on sale.

Cheap enough that I don't care if I don't use it! Stoke just rose...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
EICSL.ORG offer Jay Peak Trip and Season Pass for =blink!blink!blink!

IF YOU EVER NEEDED A REASON TO JOIN A CLUB, THIS IS IT.

As I prepared for our first ACE club meeting tonight, I was reviewing the EICSL trips and had to catch my breath then call 911 once I read the JAY PEAK trip.

Jam 4 of your closest club friends into a slopeside condo for these prices:

5-Day - $340
3-Day - $195

and you get:
-3-5 days of skiing
- a room
- a lesson
- a race clinic
- 20% discount on future lodging 2010-11
- A 2010-11 SEASONS PASS

YOU READ THAT RIGHT, A SEASONS PASS - A 7 DAY PASS FOR THE 5-DAY plan, a MIDWEEK PASS for the 3-day plan.

Bear in mind that an early-season pass purchase is $629 for 7day and $399 for midweek.

http://eicsl.org/

I double-checked it with Clark - that is the deal. The only requirement is that you are a current member of an EICSL-affiliated club.

So what are you waiting for? Join an EICSL-affiliated club TODAY!
http://eicsl.org/clubs.html

HOW CAN YOU SAY "NO" TO THAT????

I <heart> ACE
Join us in Westford tonight or PM me to get on board today!

DiscountSkis

Hey if you are looking for people with preseason deals going on check out FactoryDirectSkis.com. They have awesome skis at discount ski pricing and I just got an email from them saying they are going to have some other deals and discounts soon. Worth a look!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hey if you are looking for people with preseason deals going on check out FactoryDirectSkis.com. They have awesome skis at discount ski pricing and I just got an email from them saying they are going to have some other deals and discounts soon. Worth a look!
Appears to be a "Blue House" only outlet. Never heard of them.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Just got an email from them? More like you work for them. My suggestion would be contacting the boards' admin and asking to post a link. It is relevant and there are good deals there. But this "indirect" approach claiming you just got an email from them is rather silly and spamy, not the best way to represent your company, IMO.

SKITODIE

Website
www.saranaclakeinn.com
Just got an email from them? More like you work for them. My suggestion would be contacting the boards' admin and asking to post a link. It is relevant and there are good deals there. But this "indirect" approach claiming you just got an email from them is rather silly and spamy, not the best way to represent your company, IMO.

Agreed! So from someone who does not work for these companys... Last year in UT we came across Level 9 sports. Great deals, pricing and selection, plus they ship. We picked up some goodies, including new poles for while we were out there (buddies got lost in the 7ft fresh pow). Other spot we use is steep and cheap. Signed up for the online updates. They dont bomb you with emails, pretty entertaining posts, huge deals. evogear too.

EOS

Other spot we use is steep and cheap. Signed up for the online updates. They dont bomb you with emails, pretty entertaining posts, huge deals. evogear too.

+1 for Steep and Cheap !