• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2015-16 Edition

steamboat1

CLASS ACT!

MEDIA CONTACT:
Michael Joseph
Communications & PR Manager
802-422-6115
mjoseph@killington.com

Complimentary lodging available to retired and enlisted personnel November 10 and 11, 2015

KILLINGTON, Vt. (October 28, 2015) – At Killington Resort, the largest four-season resort in Eastern North America, free skiing and snowboarding for retired and enlisted military personnel is a Veterans Day tradition. This November, Killington builds on that tradition by offering free lodging to service members who choose to spend the holiday on snow, in addition to complimentary 1-day lift tickets. Killington also offers free Express Cards for service members all season long.

Complimentary lodging is for one room/unit that includes the service person or veteran, and can be used either the night of Tuesday, November 10 or Wednesday, November 11, 2015, but not both. Offer is valid only at participating properties and availability is limited and may sell out. Bookings will be made on a first come, first served basis.

To reserve a room, guests should call Killington Central Reservations at 1-800-621-MTNS (6867). Reservations will not be available online.

Please note, some properties may require a 2-night stay, with the night of November 10 or November 11 free and regular rate the other night(s).

To redeem complimentary lift tickets, lodging or Express Cards, eligible active duty, retired and honorably discharged members of the U.S. Military, must present a valid U.S. Military, U.S. Retired Military ID, a copy of their DD214 form (photo ID required) or discharge certificate (photo ID required) at check-in for lodging and at the K-1 Guest Services desk for lift tickets and Express Cards.

VTKilarney

Liftopia January 26th 2 day ticket to Mad River Glen for $4! That day is roll back day but the day after is not! I bought. If conditions are good it's worth it if they suck I'm only wasting $4.

For $8 it's worth gambling on the weather if you can ski mid-week.

Funny thing, the two-day junior/senior ticket is $33.99.

BenedictGomez

2015 Ski and Ride Card goes on sale on Monday for $170.

Don't think I'll buy it this year, as apparently they eliminated Jay Peak & didn't add a replacement for it, which is a big decrease in value for me. Plus the other factor is some of the mountains I can get cheap tix at already.

Tough to believe this card only cost $125 just two years ago and had better mountains back then. :(

SKI-3PO

I was on the fence anyways as I haven't maximized value with the card the past 2 years, but increasing the price and taking away Jay makes it easy for me to pass this year.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Don't think I'll buy it this year, as apparently they eliminated Jay Peak & didn't add a replacement for it, which is a big decrease in value for me. Plus the other factor is some of the mountains I can get cheap tix at already.

Tough to believe this card only cost $125 just two years ago and had better mountains back then. :(

Is this the CHaD card? Edit: no. The CHaD card is $39.99 with a free ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

dlague

That is too bad that Jay Peak is not in the mix. I too will probably pass since I get plenty of other deals and I have a Cannon Season Pass.

Still a good deal if you can make it to 8 or so.

xwhaler

Looks like S6 is off the card as well. Not that S6 was super compelling but does speak to a little less value on it. I'm passing because with boy #2 here in 3 wks my skiing is local this season

deadheadskier

Staff member
No Gore or Middlebury snowbowl either. So, 8 mountains instead of 12 and a price jump from $125 to $170.

Bummer

deadheadskier

Staff member
Is that the full website you are bringing up? Because the mobile site coming up on my phone only lists Burke, Cannon, Bolton, MRG, Owls Head, Smuggs, Titus and Whiteface.

Guess I'm misremembering the price. Thought I paid $125 last year. Maybe it was two seasons ago

Smellytele

Is that the full website you are bringing up? Because the mobile site coming up on my phone only lists Burke, Cannon, Bolton, MRG, Owls Head, Smuggs, Titus and Whiteface.

Guess I'm misremembering the price. Thought I paid $125 last year. Maybe it was two seasons ago
Your phone is cutting off the third column of ski areas. yes 2 years ago it was 125. If they just went up to 145 people wouldn't have noticed as much or even 155.

dlague

Where dis you seee mountain other than Jay are gone? Looks like everything else is still there...

http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/good-deals/cards

Yes it is eleven! Only Jay is missing. But there are a couple smaller ski areas S6 and Middlebury that I generally would not ski at. Do not need Cannon, Jay is gone and Titus and Gore are a stretch away so not very compelling for me. Think that are starting to price them selves out in my world. However, it will sell out so as far as they are concerned they probably do not see it that way.

Skier4life

Looks like S6 is off the card as well. Not that S6 was super compelling but does speak to a little less value on it. I'm passing because with boy #2 here in 3 wks my skiing is local this season

Congrats on #2

BenedictGomez

Last yr was abt $145 after mailing fee

It's gone from, "one of the best SOTC deals bar none" to, "I'm not even going to bother" with this thing.

Even if I used it as Whiteface, Gore, Smuggs, and MRG, which I probably would, I cant unlock value versus other common deals. And even if I added a 5th mountain, that's $34 a ticket = I'll pass.

I bet they'll still sell out though, lots of people dont know how to find bargains and will still view it as a good deal, but it will take a lot longer for them to sell out than 16 to 36 hours this year.

Very sad though, used to be a great value for poor folk and cheap folk! :(

deadheadskier

Staff member
I still think it's better than just about every deal out there for midseason weekends. As an example, the only midseason weekend deal that exists for Cannon is twofer on Super bowl Sunday or $10 off buying at a local ski shops.

Not as good as what it was, but still great. Only reason I'm not buying is I went the season pass route this year.

Skier4life

Yeah I have been watching this closely since the second week of October and am bitterly disappointed. I planned to make only 4 maybe 5 mountains (more realistically only 3 but with Jay I would have pushed to make as many mountains as possible to utilise the card well) to stretch the savings to just about $31 at last season's price. However I had anticipated pricing going up to about $150 so at that price I was still looking at about $37 a mountain if I made 4. With prices at $170 and the removal of Jay i'm looking at realistically only making 2 mountains and possibly 3 at $56 a mountain - NO WAY...PASS!!!