• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2015-16 Edition

MEtoVTSkier

Very true. Does Maine offer an enhanced driver's license?

I believe so, as I've heard of the NEXUS cards before. I've got a Passport and Passport Card anyhow, as I live right on the NB border, and used to snowmobile across into NB and Quebec all the time.

Yep, a quick look says you can get one at the Calais entry port or up in Houlton...

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/nexus/nexus-enrollment-centers

So... evidently the NEXUS and EDL are two completely different products...

You can obtain an EDL / EIC for:

• Washington State
  • Michigan
  • New York State
  • Vermont
  • Minnesota

• British Columbia
  • Ontario
  • Manitoba
  • Quebec
http://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the...s-border/types-of-documentation/#passportcard

Last edited:

VTKilarney

Off topic, but the NEXUS card is different than an enhanced driver's license. The NEXUS card is a joint US-Canadian program. You have to pass security screening from both countries, and must interview with both a US and Canadian border officer.

If everyone in your vehicle has a NEXUS card, you can use a dedicated NEXUS lane at the border crossing which is a VERY fast way to cross the border. Of course this is when they operate the lane, which in my area is not that often.

The great thing about NEXUS is that you also get TSA Pre-Check and Global Entry as well as Canada's version of Global Entry.

Here's the crazy thing. NEXUS is $50. Global Entry is $100. So for half the price you get more benefits.

dlague

Same here no need for it. May have a hard time using what I have already.

I am in the same boat. Would love to pull the trigger but I would need three and to get r' done I would have to blow off my season pass which is not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

KustyTheKlown

i have both. the max pass was purchased mainly for western trips as killington, pico, and stratton dont really get me excited, and sugarloaf and tremblant are too far. champlain valley card was a perfect way for me to still get to ski whiteface, gore, smugg's, cannon, bolton, burke, and mrg without breaking the bank.

ZYDECORICH

The " I SKI NY" Promotion is happening for Jan 28th. Google their website and look under ski deals. Today is the last day to get tickets which range from $12 to $24.They have a list of mountains. Going to Windham tomorrow, $24.

ScottySkis

Hunter midweek 50$ any day stop at Potter Brothers .

Hunter Mountain Lift Tickets are only sold at Potter Brothers in Kingston, Poughkeepsie or Fishkill. Please visit in-store for the purchase of these Tickets.

$68.00 $49.00

Ticket Dates
Thu January 28th
Fri January 29th
Mon February 1st
Tue February 2nd
Wed February 3rd
Thu February 4th
Fri February 5th
Mon February 8th
Tue February 9th
Wed February 10th
Thu February 11th
Fri February 12th
Tue February 16th
Wed February 17th
Thu February 18th
Fri February 19th
Mon February 22nd
Tue February 23rd
Wed February 24th
Thu February 25th
Fri February 26th
Mon February 29th
Tue March 1st

ZYDECORICH

Hey Rich - did the voodoo lady croke? been a while since we've had an update from her

Hey!! No she didn't. I haven't gotten down there recently, really in the passed two years. I had to get a knee replacement,then that got infected so they had to do it again...not fun. I haven't skied in two years but went for the first time yesterday at Windham. Still know how to ski except my leg muscles laughed at me. Kinda sore.😝. I'll get down there probably in the early fall and check her out and revive her posts. Did you go to the Chicago shows?

KustyTheKlown

are you guys talking about ween? (voodoo lady, Chicago dean ween New Years shows)? I'm going to ski steamboat copper and winter park from the 6-12th of feb and hitting the first night of the reunion shows, and I am so damn excited for all of it!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Jealous. Hope Gene has his act together. Saw Dean last summer in Portland with the rest of the band. It was great, but I'm glad the full band is back.

Oh and different VooDoo lady. Zydeco used to get weather predictions from her and post them here

KustyTheKlown

nice! i've seen both gener and deaner numerous times in the past few years. i saw gener's first show as "freeman" in NYC where he played 90% new album material. then a few months later saw him as "gene ween" where he played 90% ween tunes. went to see dean up in cape cod, saw him here in brooklyn a couple of times, and caught the first of the "ween minus gene" shows in NYC at the mckittrick. great shows, but there is an undeniable je ne sais qois when the brothers ween share the stage. i'm pumped. scheduling the reunion in denver in february is serendipity.

ScottySkis

https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tix/5433489855.html

Amazing deal for someone who works or lives in NYC.
Killington Okemo Stratton Stowe Sugarbush lift tickets - $47 (Midtown)
tuesday 2016-03-01

number available: 2

Ski Vermont 3-pack $140 sharp.
good for 3 lift tickets at any of these resorts: Killington, Pico, Okemo, Mt Snow, Stratton, Sugarbush, Jay Peak, Stowe.
Can't be used multiple times at same resort.
Normal blackout dates apply.
2 x 3 packs available.