• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Star Trek (2009)

Beetlenut

There's another one I used to watch.. i think it was called Land of the Giants...

we had a lot of good(campy by todays standards) sci-fi on TV when we were kids...

Remember on Saturday mornings, if you woke up too early before cartoons started, you had to suffer through that lame puppet show "Thunderbirds" until cartoons came on? And lets not forget Wild Wild West!

Paul

Saw the movie Friday with my son.

I loved Friday!!!

Smokey, what you doin' down there, man? You takin' a shit?

displayimage.php

ERJ-145CA

Consider the time that the original series was on TV...it was so far ahead of its time. TNG was a great TV series, we used to play the CCG for a year or two, that was fun. As far as the movies II, III and IV was a great little trilogy.

Q was a blast.

Did the movie have Q in it?

Anyway I figure I'll see the movie on DVD, I just find it hard to get out to the theater to see movies these days. I started watching Star Trek in 2000 when Voyager was still on. I was away for 3 months at flight school and the only channel we got was UPN so I started watching Voyager every night and I got hooked, when I got home my wife asked me what happened to me and said I used to be cool, but she's seen all the Voyagers now too since I have the whole series on DVD. She actually filled me in with some of the back story because her parents were into Trek so she knew the backgrounds of some of the races and the Federation. I also really like TNG now too but I think DS9 and Enterprise are just OK.

Oh yeah, all the Friday movies were great but the first one was the best.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I was really into Voyager. When that series was on, I was seriously broke and didn't even have cable, just rabbit ears. UPN was one of the stations I could pick up really well so I vcr'd a lot of episodes.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
William shatner is one of the greatest actors of all time. Everything he touches turns to gold. wether it be tj hooker with plenty of heather locklear or priceline negotiator ads. Kirk whooped picards lame ass. Picard was only good in excalibur and x-men. Shatner is the greatest captain of them all. He is "common people."
I couldn't even bring myself to be that sarcastic. Shatner is quite possibly the most famous worst actor of all times. We are rewatching TOS right now via Netflix and it is laugh out loud funny sometimes. Funny as in "that was painful to watch" funny. When I watched TOS growing up, I had no appreciation for Bones but Kelly is perhaps the best actor on TOS and the McCoy/Spock interplay is excellent and well played.

thorski

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.
I couldn't even bring myself to be that sarcastic. Shatner is quite possibly the most famous worst actor of all times. We are rewatching TOS right now via Netflix and it is laugh out loud funny sometimes. Funny as in "that was painful to watch" funny. When I watched TOS growing up, I had no appreciation for Bones but Kelly is perhaps the best actor on TOS and the McCoy/Spock interplay is excellent and well played.

The odinson was not being sarcastic. Shatner is not only a great actor but also one of the best singers ever. His cover of "common people" is brilliant. BRILLIANT!!
As far as the star-trek commercial that says star-trek is this generations star wars well thats just silly.
This 2nd installment of this generations star wars rolls out 6-24-09

bvibert

Staff member
Did the movie have Q in it?

Anyway I figure I'll see the movie on DVD, I just find it hard to get out to the theater to see movies these days. I started watching Star Trek in 2000 when Voyager was still on. I was away for 3 months at flight school and the only channel we got was UPN so I started watching Voyager every night and I got hooked, when I got home my wife asked me what happened to me and said I used to be cool, but she's seen all the Voyagers now too since I have the whole series on DVD. She actually filled me in with some of the back story because her parents were into Trek so she knew the backgrounds of some of the races and the Federation. I also really like TNG now too but I think DS9 and Enterprise are just OK.

Oh yeah, all the Friday movies were great but the first one was the best.

Voyager was a good show. IIRC my wife was even into it.

Beetlenut

The odinson was not being sarcastic. Shatner is not only a great actor but also one of the best singers ever. His cover of "common people" is brilliant. BRILLIANT!!

While I don"t agree that Shatner is a great actor, I thought he was great on Boston Legal!

wa-loaf

Finally saw this tonight. Really liked it. Although I'm not too sure about the alternate time line thing. Kinda odd not to have the Vulcans around anymore.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Finally saw this tonight. Really liked it. Although I'm not too sure about the alternate time line thing. Kinda odd not to have the Vulcans around anymore.

Oh, they'll still be around. They'll just have to get busy and re-propagate the species!