• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush in ski movie?

El Bishop

While waiting for snow, wondering if any ski movies (meatheads?) have scenes from Sugarbush that anyone can point me to? Getting desperate to get going! Thanks

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes. There are several (original) Warren Miller movies including:

* Black Diamond Rush (1992 or so) in which Sugarbush was the opening mountain;

* Extreme Winter is another Warren Miller film with Sugarbush in it as well as Sunday River and Killington;

As for the Meatheads, Sugarbush was in their earlier films but not so much their later ones. Off the top of my head I'd say Schooled, Born from Ice (maybe), and the bump scenes from Head for the Hills and maybe Wild Stallions​.

It's too bad that Warren Miller (well, the film label now) no longer really does much out east. It was always cool to see something you knew.

dlague

Yes. There are several (original) Warren Miller movies including:

* Black Diamond Rush (1992 or so) in which Sugarbush was the opening mountain;

* Extreme Winter is another Warren Miller film with Sugarbush in it as well as Sunday River and Killington;

As for the Meatheads, Sugarbush was in their earlier films but not so much their later ones. Off the top of my head I'd say Schooled, Born from Ice (maybe), and the bump scenes from Head for the Hills and maybe Wild Stallions​.

It's too bad that Warren Miller (well, the film label now) no longer really does much out east. It was always cool to see something you knew.

How much research did it take to figure that out! If you knew that from the get go - I am impressed!

thetrailboss

Staff member
How much research did it take to figure that out! If you knew that from the get go - I am impressed!

As awesome (or pathetic) as it is, I did that from memory. I have all those films. I am a big Sugarbush fan...was a longtime passholder.

dlague

I have a bunch of Warren Miller films as well as a few others. However, I am lucky if I can remember one from the other! Maybe I need to watch them more.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I have a bunch of Warren Miller films as well as a few others. However, I am lucky if I can remember one from the other! Maybe I need to watch them more.

I bought Extreme Winter from Amazon specifically because it had some eastern footage in it. And Black Diamond Rush was a big thing for Sugarbush...they advertised it near and far when I was a kid. I remember that.

thetrailboss

Staff member
And now that I think of it...WM's Ski Ala Carte has Sugarbush in it as well IIRC.

RENO

There is a Sugarbush Channel on YouTube with all kinds of videos. just do a search.

And here is a Meatheads flix.

http://youtu.be/Iba95qnqBMs
Cool clip! I have a season pass to Killington, but definitely hitting Sugarbush for a few days this season. Last season on a day that was icy at Killington from an overnight mix, went up the next day to Sugarbush and it was all snow and a good amount of boot deep untracked powder on some trails. Probably my best day last season!