• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

benski

They could retain the capacity of the current quad by user fewer 6 chairs, and gain the benefit of the wind resistance and ability to add capacity down the road.
Super Bravo and Gate House both are high capacity quads. Resorts don't seem to build many of them anymore. They also are also easier to load. Both are good candidates. I see A Basin's 2022 Lenawee 6 https://liftblog.com/arapahoe-basin-co/, Winter Park's 2019 Sunnyside 6 have a lower design capacity than Super Bravo and Gate House https://liftblog.com/sugarbush-vt/.

Hawk

Any update on Heaven's Gate lift?
I keep hearing that they are "on schedule" but nowhere have they issued a schedule that says what the projected opening date is. I mean opening day for Lincoln Peak lately has been 3rd or 4th weekend of November and we are usually skiing HG by thanksgiving or December 1st. If the lift opens any later than that, I am calling it behind schedule.

jimmywilson69

thanks!

I was just wondering if they've posted any pics. I haven't seen anything except for the short video they posted recently. I would assume all of the towers are in by now.

cdskier

thanks!

I was just wondering if they've posted any pics. I haven't seen anything except for the short video they posted recently. I would assume all of the towers are in by now.

As of 9/11, all towers other than the very top one (which they're planning to install via crane at the same time as the terminals) were installed. That was the last update I saw.

There's links to a couple photo galleries in this post:

Lotso

I like the 'Rising' t-shirt, but the graphic is wrong. Has new HG base at the base of the Ripcord headwall... not a good look.