• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Lotso

Agreed. It’s definitely disappointing not getting a new nrx especially for regulars but I guess replacing it doesn’t do anything in terms of marketing. It’s not like a new nrx will bring anyone to ski Mellon. And there’s no real estate to sell.
Whether what theyre doing makes sense financially depends on how much money theyre putting into the old lift and we dont know that. Personally, if replacing the nrx with a fixed grip quad would happen sooner than a detachable, I’d take the fixed grip.
I am old enough to remember the old NR double....brrrrr. I will wait for the new NRX, personally. However I agree that it is a critical lift for ME. Inverness is out of comission and Summit is so STUPIDLY slow, it is hard to enjoyably access the trails above the top of GMX, IMO. You all are welcome to your own opinions, of course.;

djd66

Personally, if replacing the nrx with a fixed grip quad would happen sooner than a detachable, I’d take the fixed grip.
I would say a hard no on replacing it with a fixed grip quad. That would completely change the skiing experience (negatively) I'd rather wait for a HSQ.

Newpylong

I am old enough to remember the old NR double....brrrrr. I will wait for the new NRX, personally. However I agree that it is a critical lift for ME. Inverness is out of comission and Summit is so STUPIDLY slow, it is hard to enjoyably access the trails above the top of GMX, IMO. You all are welcome to your own opinions, of course.;

Inverness WAS out of commission. Got a new drive this off-season, should be fine now. Agreed on North Ridge, I was in town the last year of the double it was brutal.

Only thing I can think for the Summit Quad is the motor is inadequately sized. That lift sux.

Last edited:

cdskier

Inverness WAS out of commission. Got a new drive this off-season, should be fine now.

Woo hoo! At least that's one positive. (You would think they would have included that in the list of things they mentioned as recent upgrades/investments this summer).

slatham

Woo hoo! At least that's one positive. (You would think they would have included that in the list of things they mentioned as recent upgrades/investments this summer).
They don’t want the general public to get too excited about a lift that will be used predominately by GMVS and not us average Joe’s.

djd66

I'm definitely not excited about the Inverness lift, I hardly use it when I'm skiing Ellen.

cdskier

They don’t want the general public to get too excited about a lift that will be used predominately by GMVS and not us average Joe’s.

Nah...GMVS is more likely to use their shiny new Poma most of the time. That thing is faster than Inverness anyway! (Unless we're also getting a speed bump with the new drive).

I'm definitely not excited about the Inverness lift, I hardly use it when I'm skiing Ellen.

I use it for some peace and quiet sometimes. If Semi-tough and Walts are skiing well, I enjoy taking a few rides on Inverness to ski those and have some quiet time.

Plowboy

Lots of cutting back of trails...looks like it was with some bad-ass flail, as some branches and trees shattered but more area for snow. I know that's routine maintenance, but still good to see
They bought a Volvo EC140E Excavator with a Brown's Brontosaurus Mulching Head. Beats using a chain saw!! ;)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Inverness WAS out of commission. Got a new drive this off-season, should be fine now. Agreed on North Ridge, I was in town the last year of the double it was brutal.

Only thing I can think for the Summit Quad is the motor is inadequately sized. That lift sux.
Summit used to be a lot faster if memory serves me right. Was the motor replaced since like 2007 or so? In my last seasons there it seemed slower.