• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

thetrailboss

Staff member
Love this!!
"Awww, thanks Man! Maybe you're my type! To find out, buy EPIC and hit auto-renew for more love!"

20080606__20080608_K01_BZ08KATZp1.jpg

Last edited:

machski

Noticed that the cuts/changes Mount Snow made about 10 days ago (and they caught some flack for it rightly so) had been returned to "normal" this past weekend.

Cuts certainly weren't made in the snowmaking dept as they put on a significant display on 8 to 10 trails from Friday afternoon until around last Chair on Saturday.

The only real change, and this apparently was due to the Vail Resorts commitent to zero policy (to reduce carbon pullution and land fill volume) is that instead of being a torchlight parade AND fireworks on Pres Weekend as has been the tradition for years, they now just do the torchlight parade, using battery powered light sticks as opposed to actual flares, and no fireworks....
Were those 8 to 10 trails fan gunned or sticks/ground guns? Cause it takes but 1 for fan covered trails.

wa-loaf

Vail and Beaver Creek skied great this last week. I missed out any big dumps, but there were a couple 4-5 inch shots to keep things nice. Didn't suck.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Vail and Beaver Creek skied great this last week. I missed out any big dumps, but there were a couple 4-5 inch shots to keep things nice. Didn't suck.
Beaver Creek is on my bucket list. The view of it from I-70 heading east is pretty impressive. Especially the terrain near the summit.

wa-loaf

Beaver Creek is on my bucket list. The view of it from I-70 heading east is pretty impressive. Especially the terrain near the summit.
You're probably talking about Grouse Peak. Steep and bumped up most of the time. The summit of BC is actually pretty flat and gets steeper further down. My only criticism of BC is that it's mostly green or black trails and not much in between.

thetrailboss

Staff member
You're probably talking about Grouse Peak. Steep and bumped up most of the time. The summit of BC is actually pretty flat and gets steeper further down. My only criticism of BC is that it's mostly green or black trails and not much in between.
Yep. Grouse Mountain and Birds of Prey.

Last edited:

wa-loaf

Birds of prey is a very long...steeeep mogul run most of the time
Peregrin is the trail, Birds of Prey is the lift and the name of the downhill. But yes, bumped up except for the headwall that's scrapped off by everyone having to check it out.

machski

Yep. Grouse Mountain and Birds of Prey.
Grouse and the mogul runs are nice, Birds of Prey is a wreck of an area unless you hit it storm or just after. They do not break down the race surface on it as Killington does with SS, so you have WC surfaces interspersed between moguls, most of which are not rhythmic and are panic bumps. And the top of the Birds of Prey course is a damn park in season, kind of killed it for me. There is a huge glade zone on Grouse that was closed the day we went, and there are some legit but short steeps on the far east side of BC itself. The catch is the catchline runs forever if you hit the highest lines. Wasn't too impressed, big area but it felt very eastern compared to a wide open western area.

Kingslug20

BC is definitely not my favorite CO resort...kind of like the deer valley of CO..with escalators...rather ski Vail if I'm in that area..