• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

BodeMiller1

Ummm, yes they do.
Yea, the DEA has a few over Concord. The kids spray paint - "THE BIRDS AREN'T REAL" all over parking lots. Kind of funny, you see teenie boppers running huge plants up the roads around the rivers in late summer. I think to myself, "those plants are worth more then your car" butt, the kids can't smoke their car.

Back in the 70's a couple of ice cream venders smoked their van. They were pros.

Stop Vail before it stops _____________.

BodeMiller1

These fly over my 2,3 times a day...not too worried about drones..View attachment 56819
You could take one down with a drone, butt as you know they fight like a swarm of wasps. They all know what each other are doing. It's not exactly a hard wired instinct. It's something else. situational awareness.
Best part of living in Springfield, MA listening to these run. The neighbors complain about the noise. Butt the powers that be say: we never open them up.

Meow

drjeff

You could take one down with a drone, butt as you know they fight like a swarm of wasps. They all know what each other are doing. It's not exactly a hard wired instinct. It's something else. situational awareness.
Best part of living in Springfield, MA listening to these run. The neighbors complain about the noise. Butt the powers that be say: we never open them up.

Meow
Actually my favorite military aircraft you see flying around the Springfield, MA area is the HUGE C5-M Galaxies based at Westover either arriving or departing. Those aircraft are massive and look like they could fall out of the sky at any moment given the relatively slow speed they're flying at. Just a sight I never get tired of whenever I am on the Mass Pike or I-91 in the Springfield area and one of them happens to be in the air on their way in/out of Westover!

Kingslug20

Why?
I was there for 11 days..never saw this..
I was on the gondi line an hour before opening though

urungus

Actually my favorite military aircraft you see flying around the Springfield, MA area is the HUGE C5-M Galaxies based at Westover either arriving or departing. Those aircraft are massive and look like they could fall out of the sky at any moment given the relatively slow speed they're flying at. Just a sight I never get tired of whenever I am on the Mass Pike or I-91 in the Springfield area and one of them happens to be in the air on their way in/out of Westover!

96BCB605-0769-43CA-9CF9-2714967FBFF4.jpeg

ECACF32B-767C-437E-9A85-6DDCB23404DA.jpeg

BBFE5445-02CD-42EC-AB24-506469D51C59.jpeg

went to the open house / air show at Westover one year, it was fun

drjeff

From one of my ski friends, who is on the hill on the Canyons side of Park City, about 30 min ago. He's about 5'10" for reference. Said once you got out of the base area lifts, lines have been minimal. Still waiting for the avi work on 9990 to allow that peak to possibly open later today. Expecting another foot or so too
IMG_9872.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
View attachment 56866

Today at Vail Park City

"I'm in love!"

vailkatz8*1200xx3610-2031-0-184.jpg

Kingslug20

It's why I made everyone in the house get up and out. As I had to explain to them many times...2 lifts in..once in..7300 acres of lifts to spread everyone out.

jaytrem

Paoli Peaks is shutting down for the season after today. Seems like they're giving up kinda early. Ober too, but they're in TN, so typically warmer. Who's next???

BodeMiller1

^^^
I don't know what to say. Just when I think yada yada yada. You come up with a poem.

Best wishes for a happy and safe blizzard thatguy.

You made my day

Granite1

All true, When the parkway was rebuilt through the notch. The new road was engineered so that the blasting wouldn't bring the slabs down. Sure it's nice that you have to drop your speed (unless you're from MA :)) so you can take in the sites butt, there are also strong cross winds and bears.

Why is Indian Head still there butt, The Old Man fell?

Anyone aware of work done on that guy?
Because long ago the Penacooks prophesized the Old Man would fall when their lands became filled with illegal immigrants that invaded and destroyed their lands; that it would signal the demise of their people, homes and way of life. Similar to Chocorua's curse. Today, only a few souls of the Penacooks exist. You reside where they once lived and roamed. Indian Head (soon to be renamed) is still there as a symbol and proof of their prophecies. It will never fall and is a reminder of what was once theirs. A warning to what will happen if you have open borders and allow illegal immigrants to take what is yours. Everyone knew the Old Man would fall someday, but nobody thought it would be in our lifetimes. I have pieces of the Old Man in my rock garden and sometimes I see tears coming from them.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Because long ago the Penacooks prophesized the Old Man would fall when their lands became filled with illegal immigrants that invaded and destroyed their lands; that it would signal the demise of their people, homes and way of life. Similar to Chocorua's curse. Today, only a few souls of the Penacooks exist. You reside where they once lived and roamed. Indian Head (soon to be renamed) is still there as a symbol and proof of their prophecies. It will never fall and is a reminder of what was once theirs. A warning to what will happen if you have open borders and allow illegal immigrants to take what is yours. Everyone knew the Old Man would fall someday, but nobody thought it would be in our lifetimes. I have pieces of the Old Man in my rock garden and sometimes I see tears coming from them.
Let's not get into politics ("illegal immigrants") and keep it on topic.