• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

Bratwurst

I should have listened! But no I didn't! I figured a NE value epic pass was the way to go. Most of my regular mountains are on it and I still remember the MAX pass I had many years ago. How bad could Vail Resorts be? Only one way to find out. So, I bought the pass in April. It was ready to be shipped 3 weeks ago, but after 2 hours talking to people in the Philippines today, I found out my pass is still in the queue and the expected to be delivered in 2 to 3 weeks. They said this 2 to 3 weeks ago.

I can't get through to anyone at the actual resorts, so I have a question for those who made the same mistake as i did and bought an epic pass. If i go to the resort, can they actually print it out in customer service? Or do i have to wait 2 to 3 weeks? I don't want to download a Vail app onto my phone. I want a physical pass that I stick in my pocket and activate the lift gate automatically.

If you can't answer my question, please feel free to tell me what a fool I am trusting Vail to NOT screw up the simple task of printing a pass.

"There's a sucker born every minute, you just happened to be coming around at the right time"---Vail CEO and head P.T. Barnum impersonator Rob Katz

drjeff

Honestly the easiest way is to just download the Epic app to your phone, and then link it to your pass account, have your bluetooth on and open the app, and all is good when they scan. No waiting in any lines at customer service then. And the via the phone app has worked all 4 days I have used mine thus far at both Okemo and Mount Snow

Bratwurst

Honestly the easiest way is to just download the Epic app to your phone, and then link it to your pass account, have your bluetooth on and open the app, and all is good when they scan. No waiting in any lines at customer service then. And the via the phone app has worked all 4 days I have used mine thus far at both Okemo and Mount Snow
yes, that would be easier but I've smashed a phone, on the chair or crashing on the ice a few years back. I protect my phone now, turn it off and wrap it with a scarf or glove. I figure it's easier and a lot cheaper to replace a damaged pass than a $300 cell phone. Thanks

ColdRain&Snow

yes, that would be easier but I've smashed a phone, on the chair or crashing on the ice a few years back. I protect my phone now, turn it off and wrap it with a scarf or glove. I figure it's easier and a lot cheaper to replace a damaged pass than a $300 cell phone. Thanks

I’ve been surprised at how much people use their phones on lifts, and have seen quite a few looking for something, below lifts

Bratwurst

I’ve been surprised at how much people use their phones on lifts, and have seen quite a few looking for something, below lifts
My fingers have been frostbitten, so whenever I take my gloves off below 40 F my fingers go numb and I wind up fat-fingering my frozen phone. It's quite comical so now my phone stays buried inside my jacket until I get in the lodge.

thetrailboss

Staff member
“Have I told you lately that I love you?”

1701378101461.jpeg

urungus

Bluetooth did not work when I was at Okemo on Monday (yes I had it enabled), they had to manually scan the picture of my pass in the Epic app each time. Like others have said, you don’t need a physical pass if you have the Epic app on your phone linked to your account.

shpride

I ran into this at Mt Snow. If you have the app on and your physical pass it messes up the scanners. I turned the Bluetooth off on my phone and scanning my pass in my jacket pocket worked the rest of the time just fine.

oldfartrider

I tried both last Sunday at Stowe. Pass in left sleeve pocket, phone in zipped right pants pocket. Both worked withou a problem

thetrailboss

Staff member
View attachment 59679Im riding the Vail train, more like a double agent than a sycophant though
"I like it!"

rob-katz.jpg