• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

4aprice

With Arapahoe's limited parking, going to guess the next step will be paid parking. Maybe even a tiered system, more expensive closer to the snow. If they keep a solo season pass maybe they give those people free parking. This is how they are doing it now at my local area run by KSL, Alterra's buddies.

2Planker

Buddy had a burger at Ptarmigans on Sat. around Noon.
Headed home to Portsmouth.
Major Pain w/ N&V Sat nite, approx 12 hours later.
Hospitalized on Sunday,
Dx Food Poisoning. Possibly E. coli.....
More tests today, keeping him a 2nd night.

Anyone else eat an Attitash burger this past weekend ???

Last edited:

Bratwurst

I DID AND I FEEL GREAT!!!!! I love Ptarmigan's Pub and the new "D" burgers!!!!! They're EPIC. And no, you malicious, malingering, mangy malcontents from the Least Coast, the "D" in D Burger does not stand for dysentery. Try delicious!!!!!!! Always look on the bright side of life. Lose your negativity and embrace DEPENDS, which I might add is our new Corporate Partner at all Vail Resorts food establishments. Order a delightful DBurger, you get a free pullup!

katz.jpg

Bratwurst

Hospitalized on Sunday,
I got food poisoning from a restaurant in Utah many years ago. I should have gone to hospital but had no health insurance or the $10,000.00 a stay at the hospital would have cost me out of pocket. I was miserably sick for three days. I hope your buddy is recovering and if he's sure it was the food at Ptarmigans---Lawyer Up!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Hospitalized on Sunday,

I got food poisoning from a restaurant in Utah many years ago. I should have gone to hospital but had no health insurance or the $10,000.00 a stay at the hospital would have cost me out of pocket. I was miserably sick for three days. I hope your buddy is recovering and if he's sure it was the food at Ptarmigans---Lawyer Up!

"1, 2, 3 NOT IT!!!!"

(The Bitch does the cooking, not me)

35bac54fd832d554b6885d4ebd41476a

snoseek

The middle steep part of the old gondy line at Wildcat is getting blasted with snowmaking at the moment. It's been quite awhile since we've seen that. Credit where credit is due.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The middle steep part of the old gondy line at Wildcat is getting blasted with snowmaking at the moment. It's been quite awhile since we've seen that. Credit where credit is due.
"All I can say is, 'you're welcome!'"

Rob-and-Ski.jpg

(One might think that 2024-2025 EPIC Passes are going on sale soon with this kind of snowmaking effort).

pinion

Black Cat?? I haven't seen that in some time either. Like 10 years easily.

This would take some heat off of Middle Wildcat maybe? I mean, the end of Black Cat is a rocky mess but plenty of advanced skiers can tackle that with better snowpack instead of the shitshow that Middle Wildcat has become in the last few years.

snoseek

Yeah that one. They also put Wildcat pitch into the mix although I'm pretty sure they blew that last year. If they would just start earlier more aggressive then I would say the place is running great but they just refuse to go all in on that.

Cougar skied real nice today. Upper wildcat not so much.

jimmywilson69

honestly unless they made a play for Boyne, where else would Vail really want? They want to buy passholder base and clearly couldn't care less about the mountain.

Zero change Powder sells anything to vail unless they forget to renew a lease again. Boyne is thriving in their portfolio. The other mid size mountains that are privately owned or owned by smaller corporations don't seem to fit their expansion approach.

It is interesting that Altera wanted nothing to do with Jay. Probably for the better, but Jay sure checked off a lot of boxes for Altera I would think.

drjeff

My hunch is that the next, and maybe next few, acquistions that Vail makes is more European resorts. That is a HUGE market, far greater than just about anything realistically available in North America currently

Newpylong

This would take some heat off of Middle Wildcat maybe? I mean, the end of Black Cat is a rocky mess but plenty of advanced skiers can tackle that with better snowpack instead of the shitshow that Middle Wildcat has become in the last few years.

Yeah that one. They also put Wildcat pitch into the mix although I'm pretty sure they blew that last year. If they would just start earlier more aggressive then I would say the place is running great but they just refuse to go all in on that.

Cougar skied real nice today. Upper wildcat not so much.
I am not going to say frequently, but it's not rare to see Black Cat see snowmaking. That is usually the only section of the old gondola line that does see snowmaking, though I believe last year (or possibly the year before), they did make some on Lift Lion as well.

eatskisleep

I am not going to say frequently, but it's not rare to see Black Cat see snowmaking. That is usually the only section of the old gondola line that does see snowmaking, though I believe last year (or possibly the year before), they did make some on Lift Lion as well.
They should blow snow T2B on Gondi, keep it open till May with spring bumps. Would be better than Superstar at Killington, more vert, steeper sections, more fun.

skiur

They should blow snow T2B on Gondi, keep it open till May with spring bumps. Would be better than Superstar at Killington, more vert, steeper sections, more fun.

Missing two things superstar has that makes it the best in the spring. The ubar and the access road at the bottom. May skiing at K is about more than the skiing.