• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett Opens Friday at 9 AM

Zand

Mods, please delete the last 5 posts or so, so we can get back on topic and not have this guy ruining everything.

Also, another webcam update. Conifer is once again being groomed, likely for the last time. I actually wouldn't be suprised to see Ollie's online soon, but they haven't been blowing over there, so I don't know.

thetrailboss

Staff member
LVNLARG said:
Zand said:
"I told them to write what they are actually going to do"

Thanks for accentuating my exact point. Seems you don't like being "TOLD" what to do either....even if it's for your own good. I should however point out you're not in any kind of position to make either statement. :roll:
Gentlemen: Let's keep it civil please. This is meant to be a collegial place.

Again, to each his own, but if you have something personal to say, please do it via PM.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Zand said:
Mods, please delete the last 5 posts or so, so we can get back on topic and not have this guy ruining everything.

If this thread had no merit, it would be locked. I have instead resorted to editing the posts as best as I can with dial-up and advising both of you to please stay on topic.

PM's have been sent...

Get outside and have some fun.

Zand

So, you going up tomorrow Dozer? You know what you owe me... :wink:

I bet you a frosty malt beverage at the Copper Top they open on Saturday instead of Friday.

I'm leaving here at 8 and shooting for an 8:30 arrival. I hope to get my pass processed and get ready in the half hour after that and get up there for first chair.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Phildozer said:
Here's a personal message:

Screw you TrailBoss. You ski faster than me and that makes you a jerk.

:lol:

:beer:

I know...I know... :roll: But Sky blows by BOTH of us! :wink:

I'm not skiing too fast right now...was out out on the XC skis today getting warmed up...Sunapee on Sat and Sun. :beer:

LVNLARG

Phildozer said:

I most likely ski faster than Trailboss unless he's ex US ski team. Does that by your definition make me a super jerk ? :lol:

awf170

LVNLARG said:
Phildozer said:

I most likely ski faster than Trailboss unless he's ex US ski team. Does that by your definition make me a super jerk ? :lol:

the snazzy one-piece makes him super fast and super cool...

LVNLARG

awf170 said:
LVNLARG said:
Phildozer said:

the snazzy one-piece makes him super fast and super cool...

It helps.... but mostly it's the GS11 193 world cup stock rails 8)

Greg

Staff member
LVNLARG said:
They're called 3 percenters ( The percentage of the population deemed not good in professional sales training) and anyone with an MBA has been taught that you cut your loses with them as quickly as possible at whatever cost...as to keep them round as a customer will undoubtably cost you more in the long run.
Yeah. Online message boards have them too... ;) :roll:

Zand

Well, 2 days done and Wawa's done a great job getting Conifer and Challenger covered and Ollie's open. My only gripe is that they've set no sites on expanding yet. Not one guns has run on any other trail except for the ones open. If they wanted to, they could've had Monadnock area open and 10th off the summit. Minuteman could've opened Ralph's Run and maybe Look Mom. Lower Smith looked like it was already ready to go with the natural cover, but upper Smith is a tough one to cover and needless to say, there's practically nothing on it right now.

LVNLARG

Zand said:
Well, 2 days done and Wawa's done a great job getting Conifer and Challenger covered and Ollie's open. My only gripe is that they've set no sites on expanding yet. Not one guns has run on any other trail except for the ones open. If they wanted to, they could've had Monadnock area open and 10th off the summit. Minuteman could've opened Ralph's Run and maybe Look Mom. Lower Smith looked like it was already ready to go with the natural cover, but upper Smith is a tough one to cover and needless to say, there's practically nothing on it right now.

He's at it again. :eek: Maybe the fact that relative humidity and temperature put snowmaking efficency at 5% for the past day might have something to do with it. Perhaps also.. the forcast for temps reaching 60 and rain for atleast the next 3 days might also be a factor too. Can you explain to us what the point of blowing these trails at 5% efficency costing atleast $10,000... to make at best maybe 4 inches of snow base...only to have it rained away before anyone could get on it would be? Hill's could do stuff like that....if you were willing to pay $3000 for a season pass. Snowmaking efficency sucked last night...but guess what... they DID have a few guns going on the open trails trying to make skiing better for people today ...even though it likely will be all be rained away tommorow. That's a hill that's really going the extra mile for it's customers. I'm not trying to "flame" you as you put it. I'm trying explain simple reality and that you should respect what you've got. My local hill has blown 0 snow so far ...even though I'm further north (it's colder) and we've has several nights in the teens. They simply can't afford to blow and lose it. Do you see me griping? :-?

hammer

LVNLARG said:
My local hill has blown 0 snow so far ...even though I'm further north (it's colder) and we've has several nights in the teens. They simply can't afford to blow and lose it. Do you see me griping? :-?
Actually, based on the tone of your responses on this thread, it seems like you're just envious of us here in New England... :wink:

LVNLARG

hammer said:
LVNLARG said:
My local hill has blown 0 snow so far ...even though I'm further north (it's colder) and we've has several nights in the teens. They simply can't afford to blow and lose it. Do you see me griping? :-?
Actually, based on the tone of your responses on this thread, it seems like you're just envious of us here in New England... :wink:

I wish I did live somewhere with a population base that would allow my local resort to blow "disposable" snow..yes. We also don't have a late November turkey day that signifies the skiers psyhcological start of the ski season and a reason to urgently to get open...therefore the hills only really have their sites set on Christmas....our psychological opening time. Opening prior to mid dec doesn't bring many out due to that so it's not cost effective. Mid December is also the point at which they're much less likely to have $200,000 worth of snowmaking washed away. All of that would certainly factor into me not being impressed with someone bitching and moaning about a small local hill which IS open but not blowing snow at 34F and 90% relative humidity...yes :cry:

Phildozer

Zand,

Seriously.

You need to just relax and enjoy what's open now. The fact that Wachusett is open is amazing. Let them get through this warm spell coming up this week then watch what they can do.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It is kind of hard to make snow when it is raining outside...

At least we got to ski...that's enough for me considering this bad weather as of late. :beer:

Sky

I just checked Wa's webcam. It appears they are open this morning. Not many folks taking advantage of the opportunity to ski in fog...but I'm happy for those who are skiing and that Wa remains open for them.

I would consider a mid-week trip to Wa if the weather wasn't so lousy.

I'm on the road next week and will probably be pretty busy when I get back, right up till the holiday.

Treu to form, if I don't ski the Friday after turkey day...I don't go until after Christmas. Ah well...deeper bases and more trails.