• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Want to Ski Alta This Season?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Their day ticket price is now $141.00. No huge changes in the last couple of years. The price is if you buy online (the only option now) in advance. That is for Alta only. Not that long ago, an Alta/Bird ticket was $139.00. When we moved out here in 2011 it was about half that price for a day.

There are some days that are "discounted" to $109 in the distant future, but there is a big disclaimer that there may not be parking.

The upshot: Alta is no longer for the die hard, duct-taped jacket, local ski bum. Hopefully their marketing will drop that line.

I get it that they are pushing season passes, but the average person doesn’t know that and $141.00 is a lot of money, especially in this pandemic economy.

Last edited:

jaytrem

Sounds like you need to spend more time at Discovery this year. :)

Zand

Wait...$141 is a lot for a major ski area? That's one of the lowest prices in the west for a big mountain, and Stowe is approaching that in the east. Even MRG is $92 per day.

Not sure what's shocking here...

cdskier

Wait...$141 is a lot for a major ski area? That's one of the lowest prices in the west for a big mountain, and Stowe is approaching that in the east. Even MRG is $92 per day.

Stowe is approaching that? I'd bet this year it is definitely over that. Sugarbush is $169 with no discounts and K is $165 with no discounts (even with discounts for purchasing in advance the best prices you can get for either mid-season are mid-week and put you at around $100/day).

But yes, I agree that this is not shocking at all.

Zand

Stowe is approaching that? I'd bet this year it is definitely over that. Sugarbush is $169 with no discounts and K is $165 with no discounts (even with discounts for purchasing in advance the best prices you can get for either mid-season are mid-week and put you at around $100/day).

But yes, I agree that this is not shocking at all.
Well damn, I'm behind the times then :D

Thought Stowe was at like $129 and Bush, K, Stratton, Okemo, etc were pushing $120. Maybe that was a couple years ago at this point lol.

thetrailboss

Staff member

That Alta markets itself as the local dirtbag area when it is not.

kingslug

And since Alta has become so popular, the population is growing, etc..then what the hell..raise prices..people will pay it. I do.

jaytrem

At some point the Yeti pass makes sense. But that only gets you 1 day at Alta. I figure I'll finally return to Utah when my kids are in 5th grade. For $739 (plus 2 years inflation), 3 of us should be able to get 11 days in.