• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend March 11-13

Smellytele

well after being away with guys in Colorado, wife has a "honey do" list for me. also kids spring sports are starting to get rolling. May sneak out Sat or Sunday afternoon for a few runs at Pats.

JDMRoma

At the cat now ! Sun is out ! Beer is flowing ! Boom !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

frapcap

Its "Island Weekend" at Sugarbush.
http://www.sugarbush.com/event/nantucketweekend/

[h=1]Island Weekend[/h] [h=2]Fri, Mar 11 - Sun, Mar 13[/h]
HJVB_20150411_sunny-sunday_218-800x800.jpg

Island fever takes over Sugarbush with beach music, food specials, and mountain activities.
Saturday Beach Party
Lincoln Peak Courtyard from 1 - 3 PM
Live DJ, reggae, Jimmy Buffett, volleyball, snowcastles (weather permitting), pink flamingos, palm trees, Tiki Bar and wood-fired pizza. Tiki bar features Narraganset (official beer of the clam) and an island inspired adult beverage specialty.

Dining Specials
Island Dining specials throughout the resort, mango, jerk seasonings and fresh clam pizza abound

Katahdin

At least Black Mt. NH has a sense of humor about this season:

Saturday: Lawn Game Party!
Yup, that’s right. We said it... Lawn Games! You are cordially invited to see off the biggest dud of a ski season in memory with on-the-snow lawn games, beers on the deck and burgers on the grill! That's right, we said that, too. On the snow... We actually still have some! The triple chair will be running to access our remaining few trails worth of spring corn, slush, mashed potatoes and moss patches. Once you have had your fill of puddle skimming, brook jumping, rock hopping, and dirt avoiding (bring those rock skis & Rain-X!), join us at the base for corn hole, closed-disc golf, and some other vaguely ski related lawn games that we haven't invented yet. So come ski, sit, play and sunbathe with us, and let us all forget about how mind-bogglingly lame this ski season really was!

Los

At least Black Mt. NH has a sense of humor about this season:

Saturday: Lawn Game Party!
Yup, that’s right. We said it... Lawn Games! You are cordially invited to see off the biggest dud of a ski season in memory with on-the-snow lawn games, beers on the deck and burgers on the grill! That's right, we said that, too. On the snow... We actually still have some! The triple chair will be running to access our remaining few trails worth of spring corn, slush, mashed potatoes and moss patches. Once you have had your fill of puddle skimming, brook jumping, rock hopping, and dirt avoiding (bring those rock skis & Rain-X!), join us at the base for corn hole, closed-disc golf, and some other vaguely ski related lawn games that we haven't invented yet. So come ski, sit, play and sunbathe with us, and let us all forget about how mind-bogglingly lame this ski season really was!

Love it. Black Mountain nailed it -- this was indeed a "mind-bogglingly lame" ski season.

medfordmike

I am hoping for one last day at Pico this weekend. I have to go there to clean out my seasonal locker anyway. If for some reason they don't have enough left to run lifts I will hit Killington in the morning and then head over to reclaim my stuff. I don't expect that though. When I checked their web cam I saw a groomer going up the mountain. I have no expectations beyond this weekend though.

KustyTheKlown

just booked hotel at whiteface. hopefully sunday River next weekend and then that's probably about it

SnoDevil97

1 last day @ Loon this Saturday for me. Only 7 days this season, but still enjoyed being on the mountains.

steamboat1

I am hoping for one last day at Pico this weekend. I have to go there to clean out my seasonal locker anyway. If for some reason they don't have enough left to run lifts I will hit Killington in the morning and then head over to reclaim my stuff. I don't expect that though. When I checked their web cam I saw a groomer going up the mountain. I have no expectations beyond this weekend though.
Last I passed by was Wed. Upper mountain coverage looked good (KA, Sunset, 49'er). Pike less so but still looked skiable. The lower mountain didn't look as good but at least looked like they could open it. A lot may of happened since then though. It was 77 degrees when I drove through Rutland at about 2:30pm that day.