• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Trekchick

Just back from teh openong round of family golf tourney ___ KA- CHING !!! $$$$ Da Ole man 's wallet is heavier tofday :D :D

they went for $2 a hole and Most # of drives on the Short grass $5 ( Using full drivers of course :D :D ) So today i Won 16 holes and had 13 on the short grass so 3 other paying Tab . SAWEEEET
Never seems to work out that well for me. Good on ya!
buyin more gold and covering my oil shorts. Checking ski trip dates, I'm def doing UT in March, steezy price for 1300 and Winter Park in April for under $900. Toss up on the canada trip and Taos, they're both Feb trips.
Just booked my tickets to Big Sky! Can't hardly wait!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I am getting my butt up out of this computer chair and getting something done. Like those dishes I've been putting off all day. I hate washing dishes.........

Moe Ghoul

Never seems to work out that well for me. Good on ya!

Just booked my tickets to Big Sky! Can't hardly wait!

Groovy! Our club canned the Crusty Butt trip last minute due to flight reductions/issues.

presently air service into northern Montana is
extremely limited for groups desiring
weekend travel. We will try again next
season.

Trekchick

Groovy! Our club canned the Crusty Butt trip last minute due to flight reductions/issues.

presently air service into northern Montana is
extremely limited for groups desiring
weekend travel. We will try again next
season.
The last few days have been a bit crazy in my office, but I've been trying to book my trips now before the air fares change too much.
Got a good fare on the trip for Big Sky, for a full week.
Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do about the bump camp at Mary Jane, as well as trips with my husband.
I have to stop looking at the calendar, its making my head spin!:spin:

Moe Ghoul

The last few days have been a bit crazy in my office, but I've been trying to book my trips now before the air fares change too much.
Got a good fare on the trip for Big Sky, for a full week.
Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do about the bump camp at Mary Jane, as well as trips with my husband.
I have to stop looking at the calendar, its making my head spin!:spin:

Good idea. There's still some mass confusion about baggage fees, bootbags/skibags- does that count as 1 piece or 2, should the bootbag go as a carry on, etc. Amazing how we are really going backwards with the airline biz. I chose my trips based on nonstop direct flights as well. Transfers can be a nightmare, especially with groups.

drjeff

Right now I'm really trying to resist going into the kitchen in my office and grabbing the chocolate frosted chocolate donut from the dozen that a patient brought in this AM :rolleyes:

Trekchick

Right now I'm really trying to resist going into the kitchen in my office and grabbing the chocolate frosted chocolate donut from the dozen that a patient brought in this AM :rolleyes:
Go ahead, then describe it in detail to me/us..........how rich and creamy the chocolate frosting tastes as you ...........oh never mind.;)

drjeff

Go ahead, then describe it in detail to me/us..........how rich and creamy the chocolate frosting tastes as you ...........oh never mind.;)

You did a pretty good job for me there trek ;) All that you left out (to atleast keep this from digressing too much) is how many napkins it took to remove the evidence from my face ;) :eek: ;)

Right now it's just about time to go home

I'm kind of bored and I just cleaned my place a little bit. I would go out to a bar or something but I'm sick of spending $$$$ at bars and drinking...so I'll probably go on a walk...and then play a frequent player points freeroll on pokerstars with a $500 prizepool up for grabs..I've come in second out of 3,000 people in that particular tournement and won $75...but I'd be happy to just play a couple good hands and make it to the money.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Checking out a couple potential jobs, keeping the kids out of trouble... next on the agenda (once I get off the computer, that is) are the usuals: laundry and dishes. At least I get a run later today....

Checking out a couple potential jobs, keeping the kids out of trouble... next on the agenda (once I get off the computer, that is) are the usuals: laundry and dishes. At least I get a run later today....

Is this going to be your first job since having kids? Good luck on the job search..

I just checked in some more granite bases..wow is it soupy outside..can you say SWAMP ASS...lol..I have to put together some directions for our delivery driver and then my favorite thing...sending out pictures of tombstones to funeral directors..woo hoo..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Is this going to be your first job since having kids? Good luck on the job search..
First "real" job. I worked briefly at Target and in Loss Prevention at a local ski hill in the interim. Also had my business that pretty much failed. I've been sending out resumes and applications since late April though... so the search is not going well. But thanks for the well wishes.

Right now... looks like I need to make lunch for the kiddos.

First "real" job. I worked briefly at Target and in Loss Prevention at a local ski hill in the interim. Also had my business that pretty much failed. I've been sending out resumes and applications since late April though... so the search is not going well. But thanks for the well wishes.

Right now... looks like I need to make lunch for the kiddos.

Be sure to post about your lunch..:cool:

Moe Ghoul

Pissed that I underestimated the rhetorical power of the Fed and Paulson when the USDX dipped under .72 and was looking like it was gonna drop under .71. Blew my wad on gold purchases too soon. Hedging with the oil shorts yesterday eased the pain. Sippin my third cup o' coffee, watching CNBC, emailing, staying on the sidelines until 3PM to see if there's any "bargains" out there. Gotta get some luggage outta the attic for the wife, she's shipping off to FLA for 5 days tomorrow. Moe's a bachelor for a few days, oh myyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Pissed that I underestimated the rhetorical power of the Fed and Paulson when the USDX dipped under .72 and was looking like it was gonna drop under .71. Blew my wad on gold purchases too soon. Hedging with the oil shorts yesterday eased the pain. Sippin my third cup o' coffee, watching CNBC, emailing, staying on the sidelines until 3PM to see if there's any "bargains" out there. Gotta get some luggage outta the attic for the wife, she's shipping off to FLA for 5 days tomorrow. Moe's a bachelor for a few days, oh myyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah party at Moes...we need to get a midget crackhead hooker to entertain..

I'm putting my new skeeze in my car..

drjeff

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! YEah, I'll treat for another spin cycle. (Spongebob reference) My ambitious plan is to rent a carpet cleaner and do the house while the boss is away.

I hear you Moe! My wife is taking the kids to her parents this weekend and I've got a date with 6 buckets of driveway sealer, 160lbs of crushed lime pellets to "real alkalinize" the pen where my dogs pee and poop, the lawn tractor, and 2 cubic yards of double ground dark mulch to spread around a few planting beds! :rolleyes: Man I'm going to enjoy my "free" weekend of bachelorhood! ;)

Moe Ghoul

I hear you Moe! My wife is taking the kids to her parents this weekend and I've got a date with 6 buckets of driveway sealer, 160lbs of crushed lime pellets to "real alkalinize" the pen where my dogs pee and poop, the lawn tractor, and 2 cubic yards of double ground dark mulch to spread around a few planting beds! :rolleyes: Man I'm going to enjoy my "free" weekend of bachelorhood! ;)

Is lime the great dogpee neutralizer? I started using my newly fenced in yard for the dogs daily routine this spring. For the past 15 years, I chauffeured them daily to a wooded area and hiked for an hour in a fairly hilly area. After the first week of burn spots this spring, I take Cody across the street to pee along the sidewalk, and I got Jewels trained to pee on the edge of our driveway, it helps keep weeds from growing on the edges and the rain washes it away.

drjeff

Is lime the great dogpee neutralizer? I started using my newly fenced in yard for the dogs daily routine this spring. For the past 15 years, I chauffeured them daily to a wooded area and hiked for an hour in a fairly hilly area. After the first week of burn spots this spring, I take Cody across the street to pee along the sidewalk, and I got Jewels trained to pee on the edge of our driveway, it helps keep weeds from growing on the edges and the rain washes it away.

It works pretty darn well in my backyard pen at atleast minimizing the odor. I have a set up where out of the room where my dogs beds are is a back door that leads directly into a 15' x 4' fenced in pen. What I first did is dig out the pen space to rough a 8" depth, then lined the base with a couple inches of 2-3" diameter gravel/rock, then about 1-2" of crushed limestone pellets topped with another couple of inches of the 2-3" diameter gravel/rock. Lastly I top that with some hay (which gets changed basically weekly) and there's the dogs pen. Roughly once a year I remove the top couple inches of larger rock and add new limestone.

This way, the dogs have their place to do their stuff before we let them have free roam of the backyard (We have a 2 zone invisible fence that gives them about an acre of total open space to run around in). We don't have any dog pee smell outside and very rarely will there be any doggie pee burn spots and/or "bombs" in the yard. Works well for us.