• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Moe Ghoul

It works pretty darn well in my backyard pen at atleast minimizing the odor. I have a set up where out of the room where my dogs beds are is a back door that leads directly into a 15' x 4' fenced in pen. What I first did is dig out the pen space to rough a 8" depth, then lined the base with a couple inches of 2-3" diameter gravel/rock, then about 1-2" of crushed limestone pellets topped with another couple of inches of the 2-3" diameter gravel/rock. Lastly I top that with some hay (which gets changed basically weekly) and there's the dogs pen. Roughly once a year I remove the top couple inches of larger rock and add new limestone.

This way, the dogs have their place to do their stuff before we let them have free roam of the backyard (We have a 2 zone invisible fence that gives them about an acre of total open space to run around in). We don't have any dog pee smell outside and very rarely will there be any doggie pee burn spots and/or "bombs" in the yard. Works well for us.

Wow, quite the set up. I'm all over turd patrol, I pick it up as soon as it hits the ground. I actually started putting the shovel under Jewels and she drops it right on the shovel. Cody does the walk and dump at the same time so it's triangulated when he's done. Seinfeld was right, aliens looking down on us would think dogs were superior beings, lol.

Wrapping things up at work..I just got off the phone with an 88 year old seeing if his stone was finished. We're storing it here until he dies but he wants to see it..

No happy hour shizzle afterwork today...I figured that some weeks I spend almost $100 at bars on food and drink and $100 a week between now and ski season adds up to a mad steezy trip out west..with maybe enough left over for some new Oakley goggles..

If it's not raining I'm going to roll one up and head down to the Lehigh Parkway and walk along the river..

Warp Daddy

Just got my butt whipped in Round Two f family golf :D My game and my $$ from yesterday Both disappeared ---- MY B-i-L got hot and i sucked -- golf is a humbling game Tomorrow 's another day !

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Back from a run in the driving rain and thunderstorm. It was kind of cool... though the new route I took was WAY too much uphill so I had to walk a lot of it. 2.76 miles, 425 calories burned. 13 minute miles. :(

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Grandpa's are the best .. don't you think?? One of the things I do really well I think .. being a Grandpa. That is why when MRGisevil calls me gramps.. I take it as a complement and not about my age or some how being older..
Some are better than others, but overall, yes, Grandpas are a wonderful thing. I'm just grateful for my father-in-law. He's not only enthusiastic to spend time with the kids, but makes the effort to come out (usually once a week) and take them for a couple of hours. My own father is just too busy...

Right now... trying to wake up.

Getting ready for a 3 to 4 hour session in the dentist chair .. last of the crown preps today... that will make 11 temp crown in my mouth. This session.. the top 4 front teeth are to be done. So my smile will change radically after this morning. My crown lengthening is still healing so I don't know when final impressions will be done. My hope is I will be done by the start of snow season. Maybe I should invest in a mouth guard this season.

I sleep in a mouthguard because I grind my teeth..I have to preserve the stumps I have..

drjeff

Good morning. I'm trying to get my act together for the day. Slept very well last night and having a hard time waking up.

Unfortunately courtesy of a BIG, LOUD thunderstorm over my hosue about 5:30 this AM, waking up was a rather quick experience this AM :(

Right now I'm really wishing I had gotten that extra 15 minutes of sleep that the t-storm took from me :mad:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Stewing over my thread getting nuked. :(
:( Nothing personal Andy. Cheer up!

I am...wasting time. I have to do a lot today. Dishes, laundry, go to the post office, pick up a few things at the store... shower would be good, too. But with how gloomy it is, all I feel like doing is snuggling up in bed again.

Getting directions together for deliveries...the boss is out playing golf which means I can check the internet more frequently..woo hoo..I'm already thinking about getting something steezy to eat..

Good morning. I'm trying to get my act together for the day. Slept very well last night and having a hard time waking up.

I always sleep well when it's raining..and yes my alarm didn't go off due to a quick loss in power so when I woke up it was a surprise as to what time it was. Luckily it was 6:50AM and I don't have to be at work until 8AM..

dmc

Stewing over my thread getting nuked. :(

It was actually pretty funny... I seeing BV pushed cause he always ends with some sort of non-light hearted comment.. Like "if you dont like it then Tough S$%t"

I'd hate to see the guy when's in more then a "Somewhat foul mood"...?

:)

Personally - i love good political jokes... Better then discussing the "war" or the economy... That kinda stuff...

So currently - I'm chuckleing... Good job AZ... :)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
It was actually pretty funny... I seeing BV pushed cause he always ends with some sort of non-light hearted comment.. Like "if you dont like it then Tough S$%t"

I'd hate to see the guy when's in more then a "Somewhat foul mood"...?

:)

Personally - i love good political jokes... Better then discussing the "war" or the economy... That kinda stuff...

So currently - I'm chuckleing... Good job AZ... :)

It started out as one thing, the environment and turned into something else because of Brian's comment about politics. I didn't mean for it to turn political and don't believe it did. Just wanted to throw some humor in there. No biggie, I like Alpine Zone and respect their right to run it as they see fit. They've been doing a great job and I respect that. At the same time, I like busting ballz and hope no one takes it personally :smash: :lol:

dmc

It started out as one thing, the environment and turned into something else because of Brian's comment about politics. I didn't mean for it to turn political and don't believe it did. Just wanted to throw some humor in there. No biggie, I like Alpine Zone and respect their right to run it as they see fit. They've been doing a great job and I respect that. At the same time, I like busting ballz and hope no one takes it personally :smash: :lol:

I like to watch when you bust balls....

bvibert

Staff member
It's all good. I guess the thread wasn't really political, but I didn't have any problem locking it since it sucked anyway. I actually wasn't in a foul mood at all, I just wanted to bust Andy's balls and lock his thread. :lol:

Actually the ending line was meant to be funny and light hearted, I guess it didn't come across that way. I had a smile on my face as I was typing it. :D