• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Getting ready for 6ish hours of sleep - especially since my laptop just told me that I'm almost out of battery life and I'm just too lazy right now to go find where I left the wall charger cord :rolleyes:

One of these days I'll leave enough time for a Mickey D's Breakfast..:daffy:I haven't had one of those since the Bush Administration..:dunce:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Translating 100+ words into German for my Linguistics project. Then I have to figure out their pronunciations and transcribe them into International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). Fun, fun!

WJenness

Translating 100+ words into German for my Linguistics project. Then I have to figure out their pronunciations and transcribe them into International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). Fun, fun!

You should see if this helps you make the translations:
ipa.gif

-w

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
:lol: It was very tempting. I could claim that I was drinking beer to make things more authentic, right? But then it would have to be German beer...

BTW, the list is translated but I still haven't transcribed into the phonetic alphabet. I looked over the rest of what I have to do for the next part of this project that is due and I'm quite unhappy with it. Good thing there's the internet for research.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Linguistics project... picking apart the phonemes of the German consonant system. Then I have to move on to vowels, and then find word examples for each on my chart. Twould be easier if I knew German, of course.

wa-loaf

:lol: It was very tempting. I could claim that I was drinking beer to make things more authentic, right? But then it would have to be German beer...

BTW, the list is translated but I still haven't transcribed into the phonetic alphabet. I looked over the rest of what I have to do for the next part of this project that is due and I'm quite unhappy with it. Good thing there's the internet for research.

http://dict.leo.org/?lang=en

Geoff

Linguistics project... picking apart the phonemes of the German consonant system. Then I have to move on to vowels, and then find word examples for each on my chart. Twould be easier if I knew German, of course.

Ein Bier, bitte

There really isn't anything else you need to know.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
That's a cool name.
IIRC, it's actually a nickname; combo of her first and middle names. But I've always known her as Kether and that's what she'll always be to me. :D

Right now, I'm wondering why I keep trying to keep things safe...because I only end up hiding them on myself, never to be found again. This time, it's my backup wallet that had a bunch of different gift cards and my debit card to my old personal account. I remember taking it out of my purse as I went out the door (so I wouldn't lose it), and I can't for the life of me remember where I put it. Of course, the boy could have very easily found it and tossed it... he likes to do that. But it's driving me nuts right now.