• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
No worries Sev! Regardless of the conditions, stick with the plan! Get up out of bed and simply just get it done, end of story!

I've run into this type of situation numerous times this summer and always just went out and rode my bike regardless of the excuses that I could have used not to ride. Remember it always feels better having done and accomplished than thought about and not done!
You're right. I know it. I'm laying my stuff out now so there's no excuses available in the morning. It's character-building, right? :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Watching tonight's Phish setlist unfold in anticipation of what I might hear tomorrow in Albany or Sunday in Portland.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Back from the race. Glad I went but I wasn't as prepared as I had planned on. First mile was pretty good but the cold was getting to my lungs (I have asthma) and with no water stop (and no water on me since I assumed there would be one), I faltered. Finish time is 37:31 for 3.1 miles. Bah. The best part was B waiting for me on the dirt road that was the course maybe 0.10 from the finish line. He cheered me on and ran the last part with me. I needed that--I was in tears when I first saw him down the road because I was so disappointed in myself.

At least we scored some major schwag. Very few competitors so we headed home with 16 Bear Naked granola packs, 5 Bear Naked granola bars, and 21 Hammer gels. :D

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Back from the race. Glad I went but I wasn't as prepared as I had planned on. First mile was pretty good but the cold was getting to my lungs (I have asthma) and with no water stop (and no water on me since I assumed there would be one), I faltered. Finish time is 37:31 for 3.1 miles. Bah. The best part was B waiting for me on the dirt road that was the course maybe 0.10 from the finish line. He cheered me on and ran the last part with me. I needed that--I was in tears when I first saw him down the road because I was so disappointed in myself.

At least we scored some major schwag. Very few competitors so we headed home with 16 Bear Naked granola packs, 5 Bear Naked granola bars, and 21 Hammer gels. :D
Congrats!:grin:

Grassi21

Just got back from a gift drop off for the troops. The HS lax team is gathering stuff like; instant coffee, hot coco, food, candy, toiletries, beef jerky, batteries, foot-care stuff etc. Now I'm just eating some leftover pizza with my son.

o3jeff

Back from a little under 4 mile hike up at Crescent Lake and New Britain Water Dept land, There is a lot of tree cutting on the NBWD land here too.

drjeff

sitting in the Renaissance Hotel at Patriot place waiting to accompany my wife to her 20th high school reunion tonight :EEK: Thank god for beer! :beer: 'cause I'm going to need it to get through tonight!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Working on my project for my class. Everyone has to re-design the Computer Science Department's web page. Anyone want to beta test?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

253 bags of leaves. World record. I've had it. It's not done, but I quit. Thinking seriously about a Cyclone rake for next year. Closed up the outside, chased the mice out of the cellar entrance bulkhead, winterized the lawnmower and blower. After the Xmas lights get out tonight last task is to attend to the skis...... :flag:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Wow, billski! Don't envy you on that job! :eek:

I'm trying to write a critique paper. I'm tired of writing papers. Winter break can't come soon enough.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Yes, you do need to get out and exercise those new boards :daffy:
Need some snow first! :fangun: :snow:
Still working on my webpage project for my class.. Nobody here wants to beta test it??? :blink:
What do you need tested on it?

Back home... Needed to let some thoughts organize themselves before I work further on this paper. It hasn't come to me yet. Plus I drank too much coffee earlier and was too buzzed to concentrate. :oops: