• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What do you do with your poles on the chair?

mondeo

I usually like to stab the other people on the chair a couple times on the way up. If I'm solo, I'll use it as a javelin. Try to aim for snowboarders or tele skiers.

gmcunni

i liked the old chairs that had hooks so you could hang them while riding.

way back in the day i used to just let them dangle between my legs. i had the grips rather than the straps and i'd clip them on the safety bar. Then i skied at a place with a mid-station and bent both poles as we passed over the ramp that i want paying attention to.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice bump! :lol:

This thread is like the epitome of the "holy crap it needs to snow" threads around here.

gmcunni

408730_10150489056353645_55189683644_9094570_590660785_n.jpg

2knees

I love this thread.

Makes me wonder how many times greg got stuffed in his locker....

drjeff

I love this thread.

Makes me wonder how many times greg got stuffed in his locker....

There's literally a few HUNDRED other old threads on AZ that Greg started that makes one wonder the same thing ;) :lol:

Cheese

Lil' secret: If the skier to the left or right of you is hawt, hand them your poles as you're skiing out to the chair. Typically they will hold one pair in each hand. That leaves them defenseless and you can totally grope their a$$ before the chair comes without fear of getting slugged. The lifties usually get a good laugh when you pull it off too!

Breakout12

I'm still using my old school (mid 80's) poles with molded grips. One of the many reasons that I prefer these grips is that they hook onto the chairlift bar.