• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What do you do with your poles on the chair?

Cheese

I wonder how the poleminders company is doing. i've never seen them anywhere.

Shark Tank?

I've gone back from sitting on them to just holding them. Tends to be less awkward.

You've gotta know which side to point them based on the foot rest before you sit. If you change your mind and readjust there's a good chance you'll get clocked in the head by the safety bar by paranoid chair riders.

gmcunni

IMG_10791.JPG

WinnChill

I still use some old poles from XX years ago with the plastic wrap-around grip. Absolutely LOVE them for the lift because they clip right onto the safety bar.

Breakout12

I still use some old poles from XX years ago with the plastic wrap-around grip. Absolutely LOVE them for the lift because they clip right onto the safety bar.

Dude, that's what I said, post #60. Those grips rule on many levels! Yay for us!

WinnChill

Dude, that's what I said, post #60. Those grips rule on many levels! Yay for us!

Nice! One of poles is bent too but I don't even care because I love those grips. I'm scoping out the next ski swap for some "newer" ones. :)

BenedictGomez

I have Leki Trigger poles, no attached straps so they just hang from my gloves. Very nice, no stress or worrying about dropping them.

1350308157_44826img400.png

Cornhead

After I'm done skewering lifties in the nads, I lift up my butt cheek and slide them under, I do slide the basket side under, the baskets are about two inches in diameter, so I don't think it makes any difference.

Cheese

This should be corrected to something like, "How to safely hold poles on groomers"

Carving or racing I would agree. However in the trees the strap should be shortened so that only 4 fingers slide through so that the thumb and wrist are free and therefore the strap slips off easily should it snag on something in the woods.

Also you'll notice in the video that for a single pole strap there are actually two straps joined with a buckle. In the video both parallel straps are aligned and therefore hang next to each other. This makes it difficult to find an opening and slide the hand in. If you remove one strap from the buckle, twist it 180* and put it back into the buckle a gap forms between the two straps. This gap makes it much easier to slide in the hand.