• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When is the last day for snowmaking

skiMEbike

Someone reported on SL Today that the snow making is done after this week at the Loaf.... :thumbdown:

deadheadskier

Staff member
It appears AttiCat is done. Haven't seen any snowmaking discussed on the snow reports this week.

Bummed, but not surprised. Hopefully minimizing that expense allows Wildcat to go late into spring and not close because of financial reasons

hammer

It appears AttiCat is done. Haven't seen any snowmaking discussed on the snow reports this week.

Bummed, but not surprised. Hopefully minimizing that expense allows Wildcat to go late into spring and not close because of financial reasons

Good thing the tickets I bought for March are good at either place. Was planning on Wildcat anyway...March sun made for nice spring conditions the last time I was there.

chuckstah

An email just received from Sunday River confirms snow making into next week "and beyond" Hopefully well beyond.

Edd

An email just received from Sunday River confirms snow making into next week "and beyond" Hopefully well beyond.

Missing my Boyne pass about now. I really hope the Cat decides the spring business is worth some blasting.

Quietman

Crotched made snow on 4 runs last night, and will hopefully refresh a few more.

Jully

Someone reported on SL Today that the snow making is done after this week at the Loaf.... :thumbdown:

That sucks, but it's what I was feeling was going to happen. The rain hurt their natural stuff pretty badly... Unclear how their spring product will be

Quietman

Was a little surprised as they have not turned the guns on this late since they reopened(to the best of my knowledge). Really happy that they are committed to produce a good product on an extremely sucky year weather wise. Even Jupiter's Plunge rec'd some some welcome additional coverage.

FBGM

Really? Can anyone confirm that? That's a sh!tload of air.

Almost double that can in a double rat. Compared to 7-10cfm on a logic.

Both put down same product if done right.

100 guns to 7 $$ wise.

Low e is the future. And all the companies are getting there

SIKSKIER

Isn't Baron's the only trail with snowmaking there thus far?
No.They have sm on Skyline,Ridge run,and TBD also.This is the 2nd day making it on that route.Check the trailmap on the website and you will see the route I;m talking about.It dumps out on Barons where it says "back to cannon"..

JDMRoma

No.They have sm on Skyline,Ridge run,and TBD also.This is the 2nd day making it on that route.Check the trailmap on the website and you will see the route I;m talking about.It dumps out on Barons where it says "back to cannon"..

Wonder when they plan to open that .... Would be fun under the guns this weekend !!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Newpylong

Thanks my bad I thought those were next year along with Taft.

skiMEbike

Someone posted this on SL today website...Here's an email from Operations Manager at Sugarloaf. There is hope.

Greetings all,

We’ve received a number of questions today regarding plans for snowmaking, so here’s an official update:

Contrary to some rumors that seem to be circulating, we have not “pulled the plug” on snowmaking for the season. Snowmaking operations will be shut down throughout the week while we wait to see what the mid-week storm has in store for us. After that we’ll see where we stand and determine if, when, and where we need to make snow. Conditions are excellent at the moment, and at this point in the season we have made snow on all possible trails with several rounds of resurfacing, and the hope is obviously that snowmaking won’t be necessary. But, given the recent weather and current forecasts we’re certainly ready and willing to make snow if needed.

We’ll be updating the Daily Report on the website with this information this afternoon and will continue to update it throughout this week and beyond with relevant snowmaking details.

Thank you for your help in spreading this information to our guests. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you,

Karl

chuckstah

Sunday River is still expanding with guns on Firestar and Black Hole. Not sure if I agree with it or not though, as building up spring trails seems wiser. Anyway, todays email said plenty more days of snowmaking to go.

slatham

From Mt Snow report today:

Oh and did you think we were done making snow this season? Think again. We’ll be firing up our snowmaking system as soon as the temperatures drop tonight or tomorrow morning in order to resurface.