• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your chance to make a difference - donate to Marc's 2008 Pan Mass Challenge

Trekchick

I got the usual thank you letter after donating, which I glossed over, until SkiDiva brought it to my attention.
This is impressive. Marc, Kudos on your huge contribution to this worth while effort.

In 2007, the PMC donated 100% of every rider-raised dollar directly to cancer research and treatment at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute through its Jimmy Fund. The PMC generates over 50 percent of the Jimmy Fund's annual revenue. In 2007, the event raised and contributed $33 million to the Jimmy Fund, bringing its 28-year contribution to more than $204 million. The PMC's 2008 goal is to raise $34 million for the Jimmy Fund - crucial funds that are making a difference in the lives of cancer patients around the world.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I got the usual thank you letter after donating, which I glossed over, until SkiDiva brought it to my attention.
This is impressive. Marc, Kudos on your huge contribution to this worth while effort.

:cool:

It's also the oldest athletic fundraiser in the country, as well as by far the biggest to date. I feel very lucky and honored to be able to partake.

I'm in. Enjoy the ride.

Thanks mang, I will. Hope we can catch up again this winter.

drjeff

This one is slightly different in terms of the percentage of the donation that goes towards actual research as opposed to overhead in some other events such as relay for life(the american cancer society)

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=6495

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I got my stickers in the mail. Did you?

How is the bike project coming...........tick tick tick!

Got my sticker. Bike project is good... in that I have all the pieces. I might work on it tonight. I think I can press my headset with my bench vice... it def. opens wide enough.

Trekchick

Got my sticker. Bike project is good... in that I have all the pieces. I might work on it tonight. I think I can press my headset with my bench vice... it def. opens wide enough.
BUT will you get it done in time to get the bonus bucks for your ride?
Tick Tick Tick!
:-D

Trekchick

I have made a donation and will double it if you get your bike project done by July 30th!

If I donate the most, I expect to ski with you at MaryJane, make it bump camp at Mary Jane!
It seems that Marc has stepped up to the plate and is doing nicely on his bike project.
Since he's made this kind of progress, I have granted him an extension to Midnight today July 31st, to get the chain and cables on.
I am extremely impressed with this bike, and his valiant effort to get it done for such a worthy cause.
Kudos!
Meh, I don't need your generosity.

No wait, actually I do, since it's not really complete yet. I need to cable the bike and put the chain on, but everything else is done. See below.

This was the frame after I used the $100,000 Instron tensile tester behind it to press the headset bearings into the frame. Work slick as shite. So easy. Was great.

0730081605.jpg

The fork crown race actually went on pretty easy too. Some gentle whacking with a hammer on a dowel, and then a slight trim of the fork steerer with the tubing cutter, and voila-

downsized_0730081847.jpg

Then the handle bar and stem go on....

0730081854.jpg

Then the crank and brakes-

0730081916.jpg

And finally the derailleurs, wheels, seat/seat post. Just the cables and chain left, a quick tune and fitting and she'll be good to go.

P1020039.jpg

To the top..and yes I want stickers...ski diva stickers would be sick..then maybe I can get some groupies like IHartSkiing..lol

o3jeff

Looks like it is all there to me and knowing how meticulous Marc seems to be with things it would be safe to say he did everything right the first time.