• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

dmc

You joke, but I'll be sporting a dark red TNF windblocker fleece this winter on dry days.

theno267554_144688_jb.jpg

Red will therefore be the official color of the CLITS. :-o

Red is good... you blend in with ski patrol....

You joke, but I'll be sporting a dark red TNF windblocker fleece this winter on dry days.

theno267554_144688_jb.jpg

Red will therefore be the official color of the CLITS. :-o

Steezy..what and who are the CLITS??? C has do do with connecticut right? Steezy fleece..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Just bought this jacket this morning:
BSBLK.jpg

Mountain Hardware Backstage (Conduit=waterproof) softshell. :D So now, combined with the new black Mountain Hardware (Conduit) softshell pants I have, I can be the Darth Vader to MRGisevil's storm trooper outfit. :lol:

I'd say I'm solidly at 8 now.... Where's the snow???? It's a Nor'easter right now! :eek:

o3jeff

Just bought this jacket this morning:
BSBLK.jpg

Mountain Hardware Backstage (Conduit=waterproof) softshell. :D So now I can be the Darth Vader to MRGisevil's storm trooper outfit. :lol:

I'd say I'm solidly at 8 now.... Where's the snow???? It's a Nor'easter right now! :eek:

Did you not get the memo? need to get red jackets.

ERJ-145CA

I just got my skis back from Heino's ski shop all freshly tuned and ready to go, the clerk said "have a good season" so now I'm jonesin' again.

2knees

Right now its about a 20. just bought new boots and brought my skis in to be tuned up. dying here

SKIQUATTRO

not yet....every season i have one defining moment when the "switch" takes effect...i never know when its gonna happen, but its like a light switch, one moment its all about surfing, mtn biking, then BAM,,,,skiing....then it happens again in the spring....BAM, skiing mode back to surfing, sailing etc.....

Greg

Staff member
A rad 12+ mile MTB ride today. I'm cool. Still at a 7. Skiing is definitely on the brain, but I'm not struggling yet.

I just put my skis in my car for my move..

First my two pairs of classic old skis..Rossi Vipers and X-screams..
Then the two ice coast carvers..Atomic LT11s and Elan S12s..
Then the fat twin tips..Nordica blowers and Rossi Scratch Sprayer BCs..

Once this move is over with..I be so ready for ski season..

2knees

Mine jumped to about an 9 now, just picked my new boots and a pair of skis.

What you get for boots 2knees?

DalBello Proton 8. I tried on the Full Tilts which were recommended on the mogul board but the calf area was just too large. That is one funky a$$ boot right there though. Its totally old school. old school shell, buckles, almost like a rear entry boot in some aspects.

Proton 8
proton_8.jpg

Last edited:

o3jeff

DalBello Proton 8. I tried on the Full Tilts which were recommended on the mogul board but the calf area was just too large. That is one funky a$$ boot right there though. Its totally old school. old school shell, buckles, almost like a rear entry boot in some aspects.

Cool. Looks like Dalbello is the boot to get this year. I picked up a pair of Krypton Cross.
2933.jpg

2knees

Cool. Looks like Dalbello is the boot to get this year. I picked up a pair of Krypton Cross.

I picked up Krypton Pro's

can't wait to use them

I'm assuming the Kryptons are the next step up from the Proton 10's which would be a step up from the Proton 8's. Any idea what the major difference between the kryptons and the protons? (this is starting to sound like a star trek convention!) The ones i tried on just felt so good on my feet I couldnt resist.