• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

Trekchick

I'm getting some new Krypton Kryzma's to compliment my Krypton Storms!
53-dbl0026l.gif

2knees

no red jacket but i DID pick up a kick ass pair of Champion wind pants for ski season. :lol:

2knees

the label did say water resistant. I was very close to buying a pair of honest to god ski pants today but i just cant break myself of the windpant thing.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm assuming the Kryptons are the next step up from the Proton 10's which would be a step up from the Proton 8's. Any idea what the major difference between the kryptons and the protons? (this is starting to sound like a star trek convention!) The ones i tried on just felt so good on my feet I couldnt resist.

You can fully customize the Krypton Pro, which was the appeal for me. I believe the flex range goes from 90 to 140. I tried on some Rampage's, the next softer model down and I felt like I could completely fold the boot over....wanted something stiffer. Kryptons also have a heat moldable liner. Will see, my primary reason for getting them was to try the three piece design that reputable has a more efficient flex.

skidmarks

Skiing in 40 Days or Less?

After October comes Ski Time! We started skiing at Mt Snow last November 14 and they were already open for a few days. Attached is a picture of my father (76) cruising that day.

Last edited:

Trekchick

Hate to totally hijack this thread for a gear thread, but.......
Being the Dalbello Diva that I am, let me help.......
The Proton series is different form the Krypton series, with the Protons being slightly wider. Also, the tongue and buckle system is different, thus giving it a completely different feel, and flex.
The Tongues on the Krypton, as well as a bag of tricks that come with the boots, an be changed to alter forward position and flex.
This bag of tricks is not available with the Proton.

I feel as though the Krypton is a step up from the Proton, but that is not necessarily the consensus. The Proton is just a different boot altogether.

powhunter

DalBello Proton 8. I tried on the Full Tilts which were recommended on the mogul board but the calf area was just too large. That is one funky a$$ boot right there though. Its totally old school. old school shell, buckles, almost like a rear entry boot in some aspects.

Proton 8
proton_8.jpg

nice..............just got these...color is kinda gay might spray paint em blaze

lange.jpg

steve

skidmarks

More Krypton Info

Kryptons are not as wide as the Proton's. A 98 last vs 101 but more important for me was the lower hinge point that only a 3 piece shell can have. It makes it easier to flex the boot. The whole boot screws apart to make it very easy to grind and boot fit. Get one with and ID liner and footbeds.

We've sold a lot of these boots to Pro Skiers and everyone loves them. My only caution is they are not a good race boot. If you need a great price on a pair just ask me.....

2knees

We've sold a lot of these boots to Pro Skiers and everyone loves them. My only caution is they are not a good race boot. If you need a great price on a pair just ask me.....

where were you yesterday????

not because of the price but the knowledge. i'm bummed about the width thing. Had i known that prior to purchasing, i wouldve tried on the kryptons for sure. I have a somewhat narrow foot and i want zero lateral movement.

Trekchick

where were you yesterday????

not because of the price but the knowledge. i'm bummed about the width thing. Had i known that prior to purchasing, i wouldve tried on the kryptons for sure. I have a somewhat narrow foot and i want zero lateral movement.
This is where we say JONG!
Did you read Deadheadskier's thread where much of this is explained before he bought?
Did you start your own thread, asking?
Hmmmmmm?

For search purposes, it may be a good idea to have the AZ team split these posts to their own thread in the Gear section. Very good information.

2knees

Sheesh, no one is lighter than I am, fer cryin out loud.........as for calling you a JONG, it was in good humour, since I've obviously been around here enough to know that you're not a JONG.
Thanks for reassuring me that nice guys like you can have bad moments.
Hope your day is happy effin ducky!

Its 6:00 am. my kids have been up all night screaming because of the thunderstorms. I just deleted my post as i realized my own error and now i see you already quoted me. take it for what you will but i'm honestly working on about 2 hours of sleep.