• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Y'all are lucky

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
(n)

Last night I checked the forecast and it was a slight chance of snow. Today I woke up and saw clouds and I thought hey that's a good sign I'll take just a dusting at this point. Very depressing driving up the canyon seeing blue sky, realizing the "clouds" were just thick thick smog.

jimk

Are you going to chase that or stay in Utah?
Nah, I'm going to work on getting a new pair of ski boots this week. Might try the guys at Sports Den. You have other suggestions? My gnarly, buniony, geezer feet are giving me some pain in my 9 year old Lange boots. I will probably buy something off the shelf for some minor tweaking. I'm looking for 70% comfort, 30% performance.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I had great luck with the boot fitter at Level 9 on 3300 South last summer. She was awesome. I did not have any unusual foot issues but I opted to go ahead with the custom foot bed and man oh man these boots have been the best by far. Absolutely no discomfort during the break-in period.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I had great luck with the boot fitter at Level 9 on 3300 South last summer. She was awesome. I did not have any unusual foot issues but I opted to go ahead with the custom foot bed and man oh man these boots have been the best by far. Absolutely no discomfort during the break-in period.

Our director uses Level 9 for ski tunes. A lot of instructors here go to Park City for boots...I'll ask around tomorrow as I'm also in the market.

@jimk wherever you go let me know how inventory is. Everything is super tight around here. I'm trying to eek season 5 out of my current boots. By then they'll have about 220-230 days on them.

jimmywilson69

He must work out.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

dumb and dumber GIF

Snowbird on Saturday was solid conditions...especially compared to Park City yesterday which was total trash. Opensnow was predicting 8" for Lost Trail Thursday...now down to 4 😔

MidnightJester

Currently VT should be doing short term advertising to the South West. Come to VT we have you covered. Not so deep bases but being refreshed as the winter storms grow seemingly better. I read the article and a .10" tenth of a inch of atmosphere water is ugly over 10 days. How are they for making & blowing snow with cold temps this late in the year there? and I would think that off trail on mountains with trees and glades with no refresh are as rough as there are here in VT??

Last edited:

Kingslug20

The dry cold air maintains the snow..i skied jh for the last 7 days..only slick stuff was south facing and some groomers..trees were great..
Totaly different from our snow..

thetrailboss

Staff member
The dry cold air maintains the snow..i skied jh for the last 7 days..only slick stuff was south facing and some groomers..trees were great..
Totaly different from our snow..
What are their base depths? Just heard from someone who went to Big Sky recently and apparently it is pretty low there (and icy).

Kingslug20

Considering JH got over 250 inches so far..yeah..a bit more than we get round these parts.

Kingslug20

Big sky shiws only 90 inches so far..that may nit account for the foot they got this week..but its pretty damn low.

Kingslug20

Seems too low..going to snoop a little more..bored sitting here hoping my skis get delivered from the airport..

Kingslug20

Cant find anything..but that report also shows jh at 200..which is 60 inches off.
Bridger bowl shows 111 inches...about as much as Stowe has gotten.

Kingslug20

Yup..site shows a foot...i would think they need several more

Last edited: