• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2023/2024 Season Passes

Smellytele

The only Indy place that had more than a 5 minute line has been magic. Everywhere else I have gone has pretty much been ski on. So from my angle places have not been over run by Indy pass holders.

Bosco DaSkia

Those two days are typically used the same days though. So if 80% of the people who use it, use it on the same day that makes a significant difference in crowds.

again you only get 2 days. you’re not going to see season long crowds out of that. even if they did all happen to show up on the same days at the same places ( a big if ) then that would be the last time you would see those folks until next year.

all i know, is the hills seem pretty empty to me each time i go… had sunlight all to myself the other day.

D5E377C9-CBA3-4338-95BC-63F4E1DCB45E.jpegDF636A02-0A38-42F2-A884-4BD310AAD5EA.jpeg6891F2D7-3521-499A-B5C7-F517F617FC22.jpeg

same at 49° north, sliver, lookout pass, lost trail powder mountain, saddleback, bolton or really, any of the indypass ski areas i have been to.

KustyTheKlown

when i eventually go to japan, you better believe i am not limiting myself to the indy pass options.

and all those western places you mention are irrelevant to me/this discussion. i did the spokane 49n/silver trip last year and it was fun, but i find i get a lot more skiing in at the western ikon destinations. and when i am going west to ski, i am skiing for 10-14 days consecutively and get to experience weekday skiing. weekday skiing is not really problematic anywhere (tho utah resorts on weekday powder days absolutely resembled weekends)

so the indy for me is about new england and the northeast. and circumstances dictate that i ski on weekends. weekends in the northeast indy places are mobbed with indy pass holders, and the mountains dont have the uphill capacity to handle it. saddleback might as well be on mars. any indy place within 3-5 hours of boston/nyc is mobbed.

if i am going to stand on lines id rather stand on them at killington and sugarbush where the skiing is better, the vert is bigger, the lifts are faster, the snowmaking exists.

KustyTheKlown

Yea, the two main reasons I have the pass

So we have places like berkshire east and catamount where I don’t wanna go

Magic and Jay where the experience doesn’t justify the pass

Cannon and Saddleback where I can easily get an affordable day ticket

The value doesn’t exist for me in the Indy pass anymore, especially if I am not taking a western destination trip with it

ThatGuy

Magic, Jay and Cannon are top tier. Saddleback mine as well be in Colorado its so far from major population centers. The rest of the Eastern Indy resorts are regional hills (with the exception of Bolton which is still small for NoVT).
Apples to Oranges comparing somewhere like Catamount, West Mountain, ect. to major players.

Same goes for the Western Indy spots with the exception of Castle and Hood Meadows.
Just because its a fun mountain doesn’t mean its in the same league as others (Berkshire East).

Smellytele

This is why we have options in life . We can all decide what gives you the best value for you.
But to say Indy resorts have been over run by Indy pass users is not a really true statement.

Edd

$639 for the Cranmore/BW pass. Sun-Fri. JFC, if ever there was a sign of inflation.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Maybe if Jay is no longer on Indy, Burke flexes up to full benefits. I'd actually take that trade just because I can day trip Burke easier than Jay.

Reactions: Edd

thetrailboss

Staff member
I read here, or maybe ski talk, Costco sold ikon passes and gave a $200 gift card for 2022/23, so I’m keeping an eye out for that.
That's news to me. Where did you see/hear that?

Costco USED to have good deals on day tickets. Here, they would have Sundance, Snowbird, and (the former) Canyons available.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It seems too early to be thinking of passes. It is dumping out here. Right now, Brighton Twilight for sure. Leaning towards renewing Alta/Bird. Alta has been quite good this season in terms of lines and crowd management. Snowbird--not so much.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Indy confirmed Jay for next year
And renewal prices of $289 base $389 Indy+ (including $10 fee for card with photo)

• Wow
Reactions: Edd

snoseek

Apparently the next season Epic Pass prices drop tomorrow, 3/6
If the Vet pass is in the same sorta range I just cant resist. its not been a disaster this year at all for me.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Apparently the next season Epic Pass prices drop tomorrow, 3/6
"Twas, the night before Christmas!"

VD_VD200610060404018AR.jpg