• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Slowest Chairlifts?!?!? Snowpocolypse anyone?!?!

Polarizor

Snowpocolypse is coming and you guys are chatting about the northeast's slowest chairlifts?!? You're kidding right?? Hadn't been on here in ages and thought I would pop in to see what the word was on who would get hit the hardest snow wise by the "storm of the century" only to find you're talking about slow chairlifts and Deer Valley??? WOW :-o

BenedictGomez

gv0yY.png

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Snowpocolypse is coming and you guys are chatting about the northeast's slowest chairlifts?!? You're kidding right?? Hadn't been on here in ages and thought I would pop in to see what the word was on who would get hit the hardest snow wise by the "storm of the century" only to find you're talking about slow chairlifts and Deer Valley??? WOW :-o

The nearest skiable snow is going to be a 14+ hour drive away (through a hurricane) from most pf New England. We know that it is snowing in WV, VA, and NC. But most of us don't ski there. If the ADKs, or New England was going to get significant snow out of this you would probably see more post about it.

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

I live about 1.5 hours outside of NYC and work in the city and after this storms are done it may be a very different NYc and North east, I hope I'm wrong.

jimmywilson69

I'm probably one of the closest people on this board to the snow and it's still more than 5 hours from me.

NEXT...

Polarizor

There was talk yesterday of 2 feet of snow for NYC and it's currently snowing in Washington. I figured from that there was potential for something really bizarre like NJ/PA resorts to get burried in 5 feet of snow. I just saw another news story with a prediction of 50 foot waves on the great lakes?!

skiNEwhere

It's threads like this that knock other peoples threads that keep tempting me to stop posting on this site....... There hasn't really been any new posts in the last week or so, and I'm just trying to stir up conversation.

Maybe if you looked in the weather forum you'd see that there's a 12 page post on the storm, maybe you should open your eyes before you start bashing other people.........

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
It's threads like this that knock other peoples threads that keep tempting me to stop posting on this site....... There hasn't really been any new posts in the last week or so, and I'm just trying to stir up conversation.

Maybe if you looked in the weather forum you'd see that there's a 12 page post on the storm, maybe you should open your eyes before you start bashing other people.........

I think we can all have parrallel discussions. I mean we could have a huge snowstorm and someone could dredge up the "where do you put your poles while you are on the ski lift" thread.

EDIT: Not dissing this at all. the OP is pretty new, when I read the thread title I thought of it as more tongue-in-cheek; not really an attack; but maybe I didn't "hear" it right :dontknow:

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
There was talk yesterday of 2 feet of snow for NYC and it's currently snowing in Washington. I figured from that there was potential for something really bizarre like NJ/PA resorts to get burried in 5 feet of snow. I just saw another news story with a prediction of 50 foot waves on the great lakes?!

What weather feeds are you reading? The National Enquirer?

Polarizor

I think we can all have parrallel discussions. I mean we could have a huge snowstorm and someone could dredge up the "where do you put your poles while you are on the ski lift" thread.

That's hillarious, as I think that was the current thread when I'd seen enough here last time. I come back looking for wishful talk about a snow-bomb hitting X resort and you guys are deep into "the slowest chairlift". Maybe I'll check back in another 5 years to see which resort has the softest TP??

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

PS , 2' of heavy wet snow I wouldn't really call Snowpocalypse. I think there was a lot of potential but who knows. We do have some folks in the area (see this thread talking about the WV snow) so it's getting some love.

PS - here are west virginia webcams
http://www.alpinezone.com/skiing/webcams/west-virginia-webcams/

skiNEwhere

That's hillarious, as I think that was the current thread when I'd seen enough here last time. I come back looking for wishful talk about a snow-bomb hitting X resort and you guys are deep into "the slowest chairlift". Maybe I'll check back in another 5 years to see which resort has the softest TP??

Did you even bother to read the weather thread? Or are you still trying to figure out how to navigate the website?

Polarizor

PS , 2' of heavy wet snow I wouldn't really call Snowpocalypse. I think there was a lot of potential but who knows. We do have some folks in the area (see this thread talking about the WV snow) so it's getting some love.

PS - here are west virginia webcams
http://www.alpinezone.com/skiing/webcams/west-virginia-webcams/

Well, 2 feet of heavy wet slop IS "snopocolypse" when it comes to a hydro system... That's why they coined it that I think. 2 feet of heavy wet slop at the first of November could be enough for a lot of places to open up and stay open too though! Mind you, since they'd have no power it could be an ugly catch 22.

Smellytele

You need to grow a set dude