Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread - Page 18

AlpineZone

Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frozencorn View Post
    Just picked up the groupon thing. Great deal.
    I bought mine at 7AM. 389 have been sold in 2.5 hours. They are gonna be swamped.

For those not familiar, Groupon deals run for one day only. This one is 7AM to midnight 11/11/10.

Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    I bought mine at 7AM. 389 have been sold in 2.5 hours. They are gonna be swamped.

For those not familiar, Groupon deals run for one day only. This one is 7AM to midnight 11/11/10.
    Yeah, it's up to 458 or something now. Fine print from the ski haus site: the wax club is only on weekdays. Of course, you'll be skiing on them on the weekends anyway.

Where is that "super-duper" special coming from Attitash/wildcat that was to be announced today? I know I am impatient.
    Last edited by Smellytele; Nov 11, 2010 at 12:35 PM.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Where is that "super-duper" special coming from Attitash/wildcat that was to be announced today?
    Just looking too. The day's not over!
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Whaleback four tx for 99

http://www.lifttickets.com/lift-tickets/specials.php?ID=10

$99 for 4 Lift Tickets ($160 Value - Save $61) at Whaleback (NH)!

expires 11/12/10 @ 1pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Where is that "super-duper" special coming from Attitash/wildcat that was to be announced today? I know I am impatient.
    Well, here it is. Another frequent skier card. You are pretty much blacked out during holidays.

Vertical Value Frequent Skier Card

Introducing The Vertical Value, our new frequent skier card, valid at Attitash Mountain Resort and Wildcat Mountain.
    Pay a one-time activation fee of $79 to get the card and instantly start saving on lift ticket prices.
    - Get 50% off non-holiday weekdays
    - Get 25% off non-holiday weekends
    - Get 10% off on holidays
    Valid during the 10/11 ski season. Not to be combined with any other discounts. Snow Guarantee is equal to the cost of the purchase.

ski show deal

Well, Tweets are good for something, once you learn how to work them. Here's one I harvested:

waterville Boston Ski Expo Special this wknd - Save $59 on a Waterville Valley 5 pack = 1 day free! See Larkin, Conrad or Gregg at the WV booth.

Well, here it is. Another frequent skier card. You are pretty much blacked out during holidays.

Introducing The Vertical Value, our new frequent skier card, valid at Attitash Mountain Resort and Wildcat Mountain.
    Pay a one-time activation fee of $79 to get the card and instantly start saving on lift ticket prices.
    Valid during the 10/11 ski season. Not to be combined with any other discounts. Snow Guarantee is equal to the cost of the purchase.
    That's Crap! Hate spending money to save money. I am assuming that one-time activation fee is really annual activation fee. As noted before without the old specials they (Wildcat) are going to lose a lot of skier visits. I would say on their 2fer1 day they will lose more than half which would be their break even point for that day.
    Last edited by Smellytele; Nov 11, 2010 at 2:42 PM.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

WOW! A frequent skier card! How original and what an amazing deal!!!!

-Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    WOW! A frequent skier card! How original and what an amazing deal!!!!

Gotta love Corporate-Speak

Thread Information