• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Over the hill gang, http://othgi.com/index.shtml appears to be open to anyone, and is primarily focused on Colorado areas. A few east coast areas (butternut, Bolton, Shawnee, Cockaigne) are thrown in, but most of those offerings can also be found elsewhere or at even lesser cost. The catch is that it costs $60 to join, so you'd have to calculate your return. In general, this isn't a card I'd get too excited about for the east coast. It has some interesting angles if you travel to CO.

roark

Over the hill gang, http://othgi.com/index.shtml appears to be open to anyone, and is primarily focused on Colorado areas. A few east coast areas (butternut, Bolton, Shawnee, Cockaigne) are thrown in, but most of those offerings can also be found elsewhere or at even lesser cost. The catch is that it costs $60 to join, so you'd have to calculate your return. In general, this isn't a card I'd get too excited about for the east coast. It has some interesting angles if you travel to CO.
I was fortunate enough to ski as a guest with OTHG at Copper - cool to get my butt kicked by a bunch of seniors (oh, and skip all the lines).

frozencorn

I have a 2010-11 ski NH mag that I picked up passing through last month. It lists 2 For 1 Wednesdays at Wildcat. I didn't see anything on the website about this. Does anyone know if they are still doing this?

Probably published before the sale. No longer a valid deal.

gotr0

SR 12 Days of Christmas

http://sundayriver.com/VacationPackages/12DaysofXmas.html

1- Vermont Day
• Monday, December 13 – Residents of Vermont ski/ride for only $39. Promotion applies to all ages; proof of residency is required.

2- Rhode Island / Connecticut Day
• Tuesday, December 14 – Residents of Rhode Island and Connecticut ski/ride for only $39. Promotion applies to all ages; proof of residency is required.

3- New Hampshire Day
• Wednesday, December 15 – Residents of New Hampshire ski/ride for only $39. Promotion applies to all ages; proof of residency is required.

4- Maine Day
• Thursday, December 16 – Residents of Maine ski/ride for only $39. Promotion applies to all ages; proof of residency is required.

5- Massachusetts Day
• Friday, December 17 – Residents of Massachusetts ski/ride for only $39. Promotion applies to all ages; proof of residency is required.

6- Pass Holder Appreciation Day
• Saturday, December 18 – All New England and Sunday River Season Passholders (including College and Maine Student Pass Holders) can purchase a ticket for a friend for $39. Valid one friend ticket per pass holder.

7- Kids Pay Their Age Day
• Sunday, December 19 – Kids ages 12 and under pay their age for their lift tickets.

8- 2 for 1 Day
• Monday, December 20 – Purchase two lift tickets for the price of one.

9- Seniors Day
• Tuesday, December 21 – Seniors age 65 and older can ski/ride for only $39. Valid ID is required.

10- Sunday River Affair Day
• Wednesday, December 22 – Bring a valid 10-11 season pass from any other ski area and purchase a lift ticket for $39.

11- Canada Day
• Thursday, December 23 – Residents of Canada ski/ride for only $39. Promotion applies to all ages; proof of residency is required.

12- College Day
• Friday, December 24 – College students can ski/ride for $39. Valid student ID is required.

xwhaler

Whaleback

From the Whaleback website:

Opening Weekend $15 All Weekend!
We're still on schedule to open this Saturday, December 18. Lift tickets are $15 all weekend for everyone. That means you can buy your ticket Saturday and ski/ride for 2 days for just $15. Not that $15 for one day is all that bad either - sure beats the $80 and crowds at the big mountains!

I'm looking to ski someplace in NH on Sunday with my wife but don't want to spend too much. If the Whale can offer 1 or more routes from the summit, I think we may try this.

Seems theres a decent chance they have a route open unless they will only be using that little jib park for opening wknd?

caddis

From the Whaleback website:

Opening Weekend $15 All Weekend!
We're still on schedule to open this Saturday, December 18. Lift tickets are $15 all weekend for everyone. That means you can buy your ticket Saturday and ski/ride for 2 days for just $15. Not that $15 for one day is all that bad either - sure beats the $80 and crowds at the big mountains!

I'm looking to ski someplace in NH on Sunday with my wife but don't want to spend too much. If the Whale can offer 1 or more routes from the summit, I think we may try this.

Seems theres a decent chance they have a route open unless they will only be using that little jib park for opening wknd?

Looks like the summit chair will be open with Spout, Whaleback, and Bouganvillea open. Pretty much one run from the summit just has three names. Still a great groomer. There also trying to get Ivory run open. Didn't ask about the jib park. For $15 how could you go wrong?

xwhaler

Looks like the summit chair will be open with Spout, Whaleback, and Bouganvillea open. Pretty much one run from the summit just has three names. Still a great groomer. There also trying to get Ivory run open. Didn't ask about the jib park. For $15 how could you go wrong?

Great! I think I will check it out!
Thanks

gotr0

Shawnee Peak $33

Seems like everyone is jumping on the groupon bandwagon. Here's another deal on BuyWithMe:

Winter's almost here and you know you've been dying to hit the slopes: $33 for a full-day lift ticket for one at Shawnee Peak (up to a $56 value).

Last edited:

nycskier

Seems like everyone is jumping on the groupon bandwagon.

Since you brought up Groupon consider this a coupon within a coupon.

If you plan on buying anything from Groupon you should sign up for Mr Rebates 1st and link to Groupon from Mr. Rebates. If you do you can get an 8% cashback rebate on anything you buy on Groupon.

You also get a $5 sign up bonus (if you open an account through this link: MrRebates.com). So a $50 purchase from Groupon would only cost you $41 after the sign up bonus and 8% rebate.

The site also give rebates for a ton of other online stores too. From e-bay to iTunes (although unfortunetly Liftopia is not one of them).

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
the point

http://www.pointfm.com/ski-and-ride-2011.php
BUTTONS ARE FREE. PICKUP AT PARTICIPATING STORE.

50% OFF LIFT TICKETS ON
SELECT DAYS

Get 50% off the cost of a full day lift ticket at participating downhill and cross-country ski areas on Friday from January 7th through April 1st 2011. Present the appropriate voucher from the Ski & Ride with The Point Coupon Book at the ticket window and wear your Ski & Ride with The Point Button.

PARTICIPATING SKI AREAS ON SELECT DAYS

Jay Peak – January 7

Sugarbush – January 14, March 4

Mad Ricer Glen – January 21

Smuggler’s Notch – January 28

Burke – February 4

Bolton Valley – February 11, March 11

Dartmouth Skiway – February 18

Mystery Area? – February 25

Pico Mountain – March 18

Stowe Mountain Resort – March 25

Jay Peak - April 1

gotr0

$39 to hit the powder with a lift ticket to Waterville Valley

Another groupon-esque deal:
$39 to hit the powder with a lift ticket to Waterville Valley (link)

• Voucher Expires: Apr 10, 2011
• Limit 2 Saves per person
• Not valid Saturdays in December, January or February
• Blackout dates: 12/25/10-1/2/11, 1/15/11-1/17/11 and 2/19/11-2/27/11
• Not to be combined with other offers

Deal doesn't expire till next Monday (12/20)

gotr0

Okemo 'Cares And Shares' on Sunday

Here's the press release:
LUDLOW, Vt. – During this holiday season of giving, it is also a time to consider the needs of those less fortunate. On Sunday, Dec. 19, Okemo Mountain Resort will host its annual Cares and Shares Food Drive. When skiers and snowboarders donate at least three non-perishable food items, a new child’s toy or new clothing item, their generosity will be rewarded with an entire day of skiing and riding at Okemo for just $35.

brcski

Another groupon-esque deal:
$39 to hit the powder with a lift ticket to Waterville Valley (link)

• Voucher Expires: Apr 10, 2011
• Limit 2 Saves per person
• Not valid Saturdays in December, January or February
• Blackout dates: 12/25/10-1/2/11, 1/15/11-1/17/11 and 2/19/11-2/27/11
• Not to be combined with other offers

Deal doesn't expire till next Monday (12/20)

The "Save Highlights" says valid Sunday - Friday. The "Save Details" states not valid on Saturdays in December, January and February. What about Saturdays in March.

trackbiker

Speaking of giving to good cause....just received an email today from the Vermont Ski Museum.

•Become a member of the Vermont Ski Museum today and you’ll receive a coupon book full of two for one deals for skiing and snowboarding at five Ski Vermont resorts this season - Jay Peak Resort, Sugarbush Resort, Okemo Mountain Resort, Stratton Mountain Resort, and Mount Snow Resort – all for a minimum investment of a $50 Partner Membership
•The Vermont Ski Museum coupon booklet also includes savings on Nordic skiing at three Vermont Nordic ski resorts, golf at three Vermont resort courses, lodging packages, and retail purchases at a number of Vermont special retailers; for details on all the deals in the coupon book valued up to $1000, check out http://www.vermontskimuseum.org/membership.htm
For more information on all the benefits of a supportive, annual membership in the Vermont Ski Museum, we invite you to take a look at their website: http://www.vermontskimuseum.org/.

The email says $50.00 for a Partner Membership but the link has a minumum of $60.00 membership. Still a good deal especially if you take advantage of the golf and ski shop discounts,
Also, there is a Sweepstakes if you join for $100.00 or more by Dec.15th but the email came on the 16th.
Don't know if there are any blackouts on the B1G1's

gotr0

The "Save Highlights" says valid Sunday - Friday. The "Save Details" states not valid on Saturdays in December, January and February. What about Saturdays in March.

It should be valid. March tends to be a slower and sometimes shorter month.