• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
wildcat

word at the club meeting last night is that wildcat is going to offer some mideweek deals. I was too busy running the meeting to get the details and don't see it on the web. Any beta?

gotr0

Show your Charliecard and get a complimentary Wawa Passport

My friend saw this when she was on the T. The Charliecard is used for MBTA. I'm not sure if it costs money. I got mine when they first handed them out.

View attachment 4105

thetrailboss

Staff member
$15 lift tickets this week at Bolton Valley. December 20-24th.

This has become a tradition at Bolton and they are bringing it back again. $5 nordic tickets and cheap tune-ups if you bring a food donation.

More HERE I know that several folks here have taken advantage of this deal!

:beer:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Lists of Discounts

I have compiled several lists that I find helpful in deciding where to ski and when.
Here is the first of several lists. This one describes all the special days that New England areas this winter that give you a price break. Consult the resort for specific details.
This list contains dates which have been announced as of 12/15/10. There may be other dates announced at later times, so do your homework!

Special Ski Resort Days

Special Ski Resort Days of the Week

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

gotr0

If you have time midweek

Check out this deal at Waterville (link):
Grab a buddy or your Sig O and head up north... $159 for a weeknight (any Sunday-Thursday) stay for 2 at Snowy Owl Inn & Resort and two lift tickets to Waterville Valley Resort ($318 value).

Lift tickets are good for Monday-Friday. Wish I had more days off during the week.

xwhaler

Wife is working X-MAS this year and we are seeing our families on x-mas eve.
I'm totally free on x-mas day and am looking to ski someplace within a 2 hour drive of Epping NH.
Anyone know of any special xmas day deals this year? I know sometimes mtns will offer deals to get folks to the hill but unsure given x-mas is on a Saturday this yr and start of Holiday week.

Best thing going right now I can see is Ragged $29.99 on Liftopia.
I have the CHAD card but can't see how I can come close to Ragged's price through that.

Any ideas from anyone?

Moe Ghoul

I'll be skiing Gunstock, maybe Cannon 12/26 -21/31. Any dealios available for lift tix that anyone is aware of? I assume there's nothing available during that week, since it's the magical holiday week of high profit motivation. But, if there is anything, a mention would be appreciated.

I've got another stack of those Lukoil coupons for JFBB, Attitash, Mt. Snow and Wildcat. Deal is as follows:
1. BOGO for Sundays in Jan thru March, excluding 1/16 and 2/20.

or

2. $10 off pass, good any day, excluding 12/25-12/31, 1/15-1/17, 2/19-2/25

or

3. $10 off Lift, lesson & rental package. Same exclusions as in #2 above.

Coupons expire 3/31/2011.

PM me if interested.

Mildcat

I have compiled several lists that I find helpful in deciding where to ski and when.
Here is the first of several lists. This one describes all the special days that New England areas this winter that give you a price break. Consult the resort for specific details.
This list contains dates which have been announced as of 12/15/10. There may be other dates announced at later times, so do your homework!

Special Ski Resort Days

Merry Christmas!

Nice, thanks for putting that together Bill. :beer:

Smellytele

I'll be skiing Gunstock, maybe Cannon 12/26 -21/31. Any dealios available for lift tix that anyone is aware of? I assume there's nothing available during that week, since it's the magical holiday week of high profit motivation. But, if there is anything, a mention would be appreciated.

I've got another stack of those Lukoil coupons for JFBB, Attitash, Mt. Snow and Wildcat. Deal is as follows:

or

or

PM me if interested.

Through border rewards http://www.bordersrewardsperks.com/overwhelmingoffer

http://www.bordersrewardsperks.com/offer/index/offerId/17520/uSource/CPOP4
you can get to Recreation connection and there are some deals on there for Cannon ($49) and Gunstock ($55)

justjen

Special Ski Resort Days

Merry Christmas!

Thanks, billski. This is great. In addition, Sunapee and Okemo offer discounts for Friends of Harpoon (sorry if this was already posted), which you can sign up for online.

Sunapee: $20 off weekdays; $10 off weekends and holidays

Okemo: 25% off weekdays; 20% off weekends and holidays

hammer

or

or

PM me if interested.
There's always this:

http://www.skinh.com/lift-ticket-deals/Holiday2Pack.cfm

JonD

Special Ski Resort Days

Merry Christmas!

Great list, thanks Bill!

gotr0

$35 for All-Day Pass at Shawnee Peak

This offer expires today 12/27

The usual vacation week black outs but weekends are good. Below is the fine print:
- Expires Mar 31, 2011
- Valid only from 1/1/11 to end of season or 3/31/11. Not valid 1/15/11-1/17/11 or 2/18/11-2/26/11. Not valid with other offers

Link

P.S. Yay for snow!!! :snow:

mlkrgr

Nacski is a pretty good deal at www.nacski.com for those who can get to Braintree, Boston, or Woburn 5:30-6:50 depending on trip and location.

$67 if you're in the first 25 seats for Sunday River, Loon, or Jay Peak.
$73 if you're in the first 25 seats for Stowe.

Includes bus ride and a full day's lift ticket. They do raise the price by $10 most of the time once they have 25 seats booked, which confirms the trip will run (they otherwise have the right to cancel the trip). They raised it a bit from last year since they were at $67 for Stowe and Killington and $59 for everywhere else, but still is at a reasonable price. Though, you must be back at the bus at 4:15 sharp since the bus leaves at 4:30. Though, they generally would raise the price 1-2 days before the trip if they do it. But still for the cost and trouble of driving, it still comes out to be a good deal. They also give $3 back in frequent skier points if you complete a post trip survey, $5 back if you refer a friend (my id is MA80873413 if you want to give me credit), although they require $50 in points to cash out and use to a credit towards a ski trip (so you technically need to take 17 trips, which is a little bit much but I guess doable in a couple years). They also sometimes offer $20 credit (which can be used about a week after you take advantage of the offer for the remainder of the calendar year) if you give them a 5 star review on Yelp.